Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone

Old May 1, 2013, 11:20 PM   #1
altaprod
macrumors regular

Bluetooth based reminder

Is there such a thing as a reminder that is triggered by bluetooth being turned on or off (connected or disconnected)?

My problem: When I turn off my car, I always forget to take my phone with me - it happens almost everyday.

Solution: When I turn off the car, thus bluetooth is disconnected a small sound or screen pops up on the iphone that says "don't forget me"

This seems so simple - Can anyone help me to do this? Maybe an app?

THANKS
Old May 1, 2013, 11:27 PM   #2
Givmeabrek
macrumors Demi-God

Why take your phone out of your pocket?
Givmeabrek is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 1, 2013, 11:38 PM   #3
altaprod
macrumors regular

fair question

I use my iPhone for gps so it's attached to my windshield most days.
Old May 1, 2013, 11:43 PM   #4
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

To answer your original question, no, there is not.
Old May 2, 2013, 12:15 AM   #5
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

In the desktop world, one writes (relatively) simple scripts for such tasks, I wish we could do that with IOS.

OTOH if this happens to you everyday and u can't re-program the phone, re-program YOU! Ask yourself what's distracting you when you arrive at your destination?
Old May 2, 2013, 12:26 AM   #6
Mxbzz
macrumors regular

Is your iPhone jailbroken? I wouldn't be surprised if there was already a jailbreak app for this. Otherwise, I only know of Android apps (Bluetooth Notify) that do what you're asking.
Mxbzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 08:02 AM   #7
altaprod
macrumors regular

I haven't jailbroken and if this was the only reason too I probably won't. But it does make me curious about other cool things I might be missing out on with a jailbreak.

----------

Wow the Description of Bluetooth Notify is exactly what I'm looking for - I knew I couldn't be the only iPhone user who wanted this ability.

Here's the description for anyone else curious about "Bluetooth Notify" for Android:

This simple to use, light weight app with give you a customizable notification when a bluetooth device connects or disconnects from your phone. You can customize the notification to your liking, creating different notifications for connect and disconnect.
Every device paired to your phone can have its own profile!

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone