Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmggs

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 6, 2007
Hi!

I have a iPod Touch 3G. I have made a restore to clean everything but the problem is that that ipod only works with iOS 5 so there is new apps that don't work. Is any way to get the old version of that apps? For example i use the https://itunes.apple.com/pt/app/mcintosh-ap1-audio-player/id411263894?mt=8

But the new version don't work on my iPod, how i can get the older one?

This is a planed obsolesce and bad practice of Apple don't have older versions of the apps for older devices. And worse you can not install application that you have bought! :mad:

Does any know a workaround?
I don't have a backup of the older apps on iTunes. Because i never thought that Apple is doing this to the consumers...

Thetonyk123

macrumors 68000
Aug 14, 2011
Earth
If you don't have a backup of the older version in your recycle bin or iTunes library then no luck. And no it isn't planned obsolesce, newer apps and updates are taking advantage of the Apis apple adds with every iOS update. Therefore that app requires iOS 6 or later.

Consultant

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
On a Mac: backup using iTunes to your Mac, then backup your computer with Time Machine.

If the future you can backup old version of apps.

thejadedmonkey

macrumors G3
May 28, 2005
Pennsylvania
There's no way to get the latest version of an older version? That's positively planned obsoleteness from Apple. I know when Windows Phone upgraded from 7.0 to 7.1, the 7.0 ones are using their own 7.0 store for, and now that 8.0 is out, 7.1 and 7.0 devices can still access older apps in their older app stores.

LaurieAnn

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2011
I was in the same situation but mine was a 2nd Gen Touch. I finally bought a 5G Touch and so glad I did.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.