Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jman995x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
Is there a way to sort by when an item was downloaded?

Sometimes I'll download a bunch of things and when I go to sort by "Date Modified" or "Date Created" the files I just downloaded are not all in a group, but scattered throughout the download folder because they weren't modified today, nor were they created today...but the only sort bar on top is "Date Modified" or "Date Created".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

J.

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
Is there a way to sort by when an item was downloaded?

Sometimes I'll download a bunch of things and when I go to sort by "Date Modified" or "Date Created" the files I just downloaded are not all in a group, but scattered throughout the download folder because they weren't modified today, nor were they created today...but the only sort bar on top is "Date Modified" or "Date Created".

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

J.

There should be a "Date added" option

9stpg3.png

jman995x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
I'm missing some of the options in your picture....

I'm running 10.6.8, if that matters.

Attachments

• Screenshot -  2013-05-02 at 6.27.48 PM.jpg
    Screenshot - 2013-05-02 at 6.27.48 PM.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 74

Drew017

macrumors 65816
May 29, 2011
East coast, USA
I'm missing some of the options in your picture....

I'm running 10.6.8, if that matters.

I believe this feature was added in OS X 10.7, Lion. So that's probably why you don't see this feature. Could you possibly try and open the files you have downloaded in that particular day and then try sorting them? :confused:

jman995x

macrumors regular
Original poster
Sep 8, 2007
I believe this feature was added in OS X 10.7, Lion. So that's probably why you don't see this feature. Could you possibly try and open the files you have downloaded in that particular day and then try sorting them? :confused:

That would make sense (10.7).
I'm going to buying a new iMac in a month or so, so I guess the point is now moot.
Thanks for the help.

J.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.