Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps

Old May 2, 2013, 01:04 PM   #1
stonyboys
macrumors 6502

Facebook app is slooioooooooow?

Am I the only one having issues with this app? Trying to open a photo to look at it takes ages and leaves the app unresponsive, and then trying to close the photo is the same deal. Anyway to fix this?
stonyboys is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 01:55 PM   #2
Eric374
macrumors 6502

My friend and I have noticed this as well, we're both on iP5's. and it's only certain people's pictures, not all of them. The main one we're both having issues with is Tony Stark's pics. (If you haven't added him, you should, funny stuff) everyone else's seems fine.
Eric374 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 01:58 PM   #3
AbyssImpact
macrumors 6502a

People still use Facebook?
AbyssImpact is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 02:00 PM   #4
BergerFan
macrumors 68020

Before the latest app update it was so annoying, I resorted to using Safari-only.
Post-update, it's improved, but it still pauses for a second or two, which is still totally irritating, as this should be lag-free.
I guess they're giving us a taste of how it's like for Android users.[/trolling]
BergerFan is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 02:19 PM   #5
Stuntman06
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergerFan View Post
Before the latest app update it was so annoying, I resorted to using Safari-only.
Post-update, it's improved, but it still pauses for a second or two, which is still totally irritating, as this should be lag-free.
I guess they're giving us a taste of how it's like for Android users.[/trolling]
A while ago, FB forced their employees to use Androids to see how much it sucked on Android phones.
Old May 2, 2013, 03:39 PM   #6
Troneas
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonyboys View Post
Am I the only one having issues with this app? Trying to open a photo to look at it takes ages and leaves the app unresponsive, and then trying to close the photo is the same deal. Anyway to fix this?

get nitrous if your device is jailbroken.
Troneas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 06:06 PM   #7
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
get nitrous if your device is jailbroken.
Well, that was totally worth a buck. Facebook is lightning fast. If like to hear apples reasoning for why they don't allow use if this out of the box.
Old May 2, 2013, 06:19 PM   #8
Troneas
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by lordofthereef View Post
Well, that was totally worth a buck. Facebook is lightning fast. If like to hear apples reasoning for why they don't allow use if this out of the box.

so people dont use other browsers such as chrome (i suppose facebook enters into this category too).

anyhow they give preferential treatment to safari.
Troneas is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 2, 2013, 07:34 PM   #9
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troneas View Post
so people dont use other browsers such as chrome (i suppose facebook enters into this category too).

anyhow they give preferential treatment to safari.
Well, that's why they actually do it. But apple would never say that. What is their actual reasoning.
Old May 2, 2013, 08:51 PM   #10
Oui
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbyssImpact View Post
People still use Facebook?
Nice try. But as much as you try to seem so superior that you don't use Facebook, it is a very prevalent form of communication.
And yes I believe it's a widespread issue that the app is slow.
Oui is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPhone and iPod touch Apps