Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

applemax

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2005
When ever I get my finger above the z key ( about 1/2 cm above it ) it types a z. It's so weird. pls help

iEdd

macrumors 68000
Aug 8, 2005
Do you mean above it? Like in the air?
Or
Further up on the keyboard? Like near the 'a' key?

tekmoe

macrumors 68000
Feb 12, 2005
sounds like a case of telekinesis...

can i buy you? we can become famous and make millions. ;)

Eagon

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2005
applemax said:
When ever I get my finger above the z key ( about 1/2 cm above it ) it types a z. It's so weird. pls help

my powerbook 22222 key is the same, only you actually have to touch it, albeit very VERY lightly, stupid hypersensitive keys, anyone know a good way to fix it other than removing the key because i have tried that and wasn't confident.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
Eagon said:
my powerbook 22222 key is the same, only you actually have to touch it, albeit very VERY lightly, stupid hypersensitive keys, anyone know a good way to fix it other than removing the key because i have tried that and wasn't confident.

If it's under Applecare, apple'll fix it. If not, when you took it off, did you put it on right and clean it and stuff?

Eagon

macrumors member
Aug 27, 2005
ITASOR said:
If it's under Applecare, apple'll fix it. If not, when you took it off, did you put it on right and clean it and stuff?

it is under applecare, i didn't take the key off, i got scared of breaking the mechanism after prizing it up a bit

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.