Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mactrifecta

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2013
Hey,

I want to my MAC Mountain Lion machine to, on start up, log into an account and start some apps. However, I do not want other users to be able to use this account, as it is an administrator account. When the computer starts, I want it to log into the administrator, but then, essentially, immediately go to the login screen so users will have to log in. It is part of a domain for my university. Any ideas on how to accomplish this?

FYI, the application uses a DICOM listener and that needs to be running to connect to some servers which host personal health information. The reason I need to be able to have users log in under their own domain username is because in order to be HIPAA compliant, each user must be able to be identified to which information they look at. So the local administrator account needs to start this DICOM listener with a specific port, but other users need to be able to query the server under their account. Not sure if that helps or not.

Thanks!

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
You need to launch this DICOM listener BEFORE any user logs in. That may be difficult if it's not a background process.

I still don't quite see why the listener can't be launched whatever user logs in. If it is serving to other users, can't it be on another machine altogether? I don't know what it does.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.