Closed Thread

Old May 3, 2013, 01:41 PM   #1
TheAppleFairy
macrumors 6502a

"Trunking" Dog fights! WTF People!

What is wrong with people?

This is just sick!

Quote:
Some of the dogs might have been victims of “trunking”: locking two dogs in the trunk of a car that is driven around with music blasting and letting them fight to the death in the confined space.
Source:
TheAppleFairy is offline   0
Old May 3, 2013, 01:52 PM   #2
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Some people are just plain sick and twisted.
ucfgrad93 is offline   2
Old May 3, 2013, 01:55 PM   #3
TheAppleFairy
macrumors 6502a

Sick and twisted is right. I am not a huge animal person, but I have respect for all creatures. There is no excuse for this. Disgusting.
TheAppleFairy is offline   1
Old May 3, 2013, 02:37 PM   #4
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAppleFairy View Post
Sick and twisted is right. I am not a huge animal person, but I have respect for all creatures. There is no excuse for this. Disgusting.
I'm with you on this. I don't like pitbulls at all, but to make them do something like this is absolutely sick.

Too bad for punishment they couldn't be made to do the same thing that they are doing to these dogs. Would only be apropos.

BL.
bradl is offline   1
Old May 5, 2013, 08:35 AM   #5
Thomas Veil
macrumors 68020

Jesus H. Christ. The human capacity to come up with really sick ideas seems to be infinite.
Thomas Veil is offline   0
Old May 5, 2013, 08:47 AM   #6
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil View Post
Jesus H. Christ. The human capacity to come up with really sick ideas seems to be infinite.
Really makes you proud that you are in the same species with those folks!

Or, perhaps, they represent the devolution of the species!
Old May 5, 2013, 10:30 AM   #7
Andeavor
macrumors 6502

The only punishment for this I see is "coffing" - lock them in a coffin and pour some scorpions in it. Then air it on TV.
Andeavor is offline   1
Old May 5, 2013, 12:41 PM   #8
samiwas
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas Veil View Post
I'm with you. I don't understand two things:
1: How you even come up with an idea like this.
2: What the point is??? You stick two dogs where you can't see them, then open the trunk to find one of them mauled. Just...why??

While I don't agree with it in the slightest bit, I can at lest see why some people enjoy dog fighting. The same reason people enjoy UFC, which is another thing that is just baffling to me. But to have dog fighting where you don't even watch it? How is that in any way entertaining?
Old May 5, 2013, 01:31 PM   #9
pdjudd
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by samiwas View Post
While I don't agree with it in the slightest bit, I can at lest see why some people enjoy dog fighting. The same reason people enjoy UFC, which is another thing that is just baffling to me.
At least with UFC the fighters consent to what they are getting into, the fights are monitored and can be stopped by outside officials, heck nobody is killed, and a fighter can always tap out anytime they want to. Dogfighting is no way comparable to what happens to UFC and I abhor dogfighting. The people that are involved with this are at a whole different extreme than UFC fans.
pdjudd is offline   1
Old May 5, 2013, 01:50 PM   #10
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
2: What the point is??? You stick two dogs where you can't see them, then open the trunk to find one of them mauled. Just...why??

While I don't agree with it in the slightest bit, I can at lest see why some people enjoy dog fighting. The same reason people enjoy UFC, which is another thing that is just baffling to me. But to have dog fighting where you don't even watch it? How is that in any way entertaining?
Apparently these charming and admirable folks derive some painfully perverse pleasure in knowing they can force some animals to do their twisted bidding, and enjoy seeing an animal torn to shreds and bleeding to death.

Bear in mind, folks, theses sub-humans are permitted to reproduce, vote, and own sharp implements...
Old May 5, 2013, 04:34 PM   #11
VulchR
macrumors 68000

No doubt betting was involved. Usually money is involved when people do twisted things.
VulchR is offline   0
Old May 5, 2013, 04:41 PM   #12
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by VulchR View Post
No doubt betting was involved. Usually money is involved when people do twisted things.
i have no doubt you are right.

So, if money is essential, I would be happy to put up some money to have these thin lipped mouth breathers put in a trunk, the car driven into a deep river...and we'll bet on how long they could hold their breadth. I'm betting 10 minutes, so we can check on them after that time has passed.
Old May 5, 2013, 06:57 PM   #13
Zombie Acorn
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradl View Post
I'm with you on this. I don't like pitbulls at all, but to make them do something like this is absolutely sick.

Too bad for punishment they couldn't be made to do the same thing that they are doing to these dogs. Would only be apropos.

BL.
Its not the PitBull its the piece of **** that owns it. Stories like this make me sick.
Zombie Acorn is offline   0
Old May 5, 2013, 09:33 PM   #14
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:

I have to say, that was my initial thought as well. How is this entertaining if you can't see the action?
ucfgrad93 is offline   0
Old May 5, 2013, 11:04 PM   #15
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Acorn View Post
Its not the PitBull its the piece of **** that owns it. Stories like this make me sick.
I never said it was the fault of the pit bull; I only said that I don't like pit bulls at all. You're reading too much into what I'm saying.

Quote:
Adam Carolla's point still proves true: only the weirdest news and events occur in two places: Germany, or Florida. This proves him right.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdjudd View Post
At least with UFC the fighters consent to what they are getting into, the fights are monitored and can be stopped by outside officials, heck nobody is killed, and a fighter can always tap out anytime they want to. Dogfighting is no way comparable to what happens to UFC and I abhor dogfighting. The people that are involved with this are at a whole different extreme than UFC fans.
Agreed. I don't like UFC at all, and while it was rough/tumble as a kid, now as a parent, I can't bring myself to watch anything WWE or wrestling at all anymore. It was okay before they really started to get bloody, but since then, it was too shocking, and nothing I would want any child to watch.. That's for another thread in itself, so I'll leave that there.

What I will compare this to, and it is a legitimate one, is cockfighting and the things that got Michael Vick busted. This ranks down with that, and those are equally as humanely disgusting.

BL.
bradl is offline   0
Old May 5, 2013, 11:08 PM   #16
thekev
macrumors 603

Quote:

BL.
They have the potential to be really nice dogs just like other breeds. Much of it is early conditioning. If they're approached by a lot of people while they're still puppies, it helps make them more social. Otherwise they can become kind of one person dogs. I like rottweilers too. Many of them are quite smart and pick up on extremely subtle gestures. I really like them in spite of not being much of a dog person overall. I've considered a frog or a turtle. Anything with hair or fur drives my allergies mad to the point of where cough for days at a time.
Old May 6, 2013, 07:10 AM   #17
TheAppleFairy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andeavor View Post
The only punishment for this I see is "coffing" - lock them in a coffin and pour some scorpions in it. Then air it on TV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
i have no doubt you are right.

So, if money is essential, I would be happy to put up some money to have these thin lipped mouth breathers put in a trunk, the car driven into a deep river...and we'll bet on how long they could hold their breadth. I'm betting 10 minutes, so we can check on them after that time has passed.
I like the way you two are thinking.
TheAppleFairy is offline   0
Old May 13, 2013, 11:37 PM   #18
MuddyPaws1
Banned

As liberals shouldn't you let these liberals exercise their rights?
MuddyPaws1 is offline   0
Old May 13, 2013, 11:49 PM   #19
.Andy
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws1 View Post
There's not enough room in the boot of a Prius so it can't be liberals doing this. Think before you post.
Old May 14, 2013, 07:09 AM   #20
MuddyPaws1
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Andy View Post
There's not enough room in the boot of a Prius so it can't be liberals doing this. Think before you post.
Hmmm....the boys in the hood are driving Prius' now? Haven't noticed that.
MuddyPaws1 is offline   1
Old May 14, 2013, 01:16 PM   #21
bradl
macrumors 68020

Quote:
I don't know. But only if conservatives don't try to impose what they think is right over others, in violation of their credo of "Don't Tread On Me".

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Quote:
Hmmm....the boys in the hood are driving Prius' now? Haven't noticed that.
The level of ignorance and implied racism in this post is astounding.

Absolutely no where in TFA or the OP was the race of the offenders mentioned. On top of the fact that you are not only stereotyping someone who is liberal but also someone who is Black or born/raised in the inner city.

The liberal crack can slide, as this is PRSI. the other? reported.

BL.
bradl is offline   0
Old May 15, 2013, 03:55 AM   #22
.Andy
macrumors 68030

Quote:
The level of ignorance and implied racism in this post is astounding.

Absolutely no where in TFA or the OP was the race of the offenders mentioned. On top of the fact that you are not only stereotyping someone who is liberal but also someone who is Black or born/raised in the inner city.

The liberal crack can slide, as this is PRSI. the other? reported.

BL.
Well said bradl.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland