Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

stevenson-kaats

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2013
Um, anyone got a clue why my Garmin Zumo can't be detected by my MacBook Pro, despite every bit of software installed and both gadgets being pretty darned new still. I'm not a computer expert and don't use the things for much at all, so don't believe it has any malware on it. I look to your wisdom :eek:

benwiggy

macrumors 68020
Jun 15, 2012
"Garmin Zumo" is some kind of sat nav hardware?
If you've followed the manufacturers instructions and installed any software needed to use it, I would suggest that you try Garmin's technical support.

old-wiz

macrumors G3
Mar 26, 2008
West Suburban Boston Ma
There are a number of different versions of the Garmin Zumo GPS. Which version do you have? What software are you trying to use with OSx? What Mac are you trying to connect to ? What version of OSx? How are you trying to connect? bluetooth? plug in? Have you tried Garmin's support site? there is a lot of stuff there to help you.

I have a Garmin Nuvi, and connect to OSx to update maps, update software, download POIs for places I want to visit. No problems connecting it via the USB cable, just need to make sure the os has the updated software.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.