Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old May 3, 2013, 09:47 PM   #1
whiskey
macrumors member

Can't restore iphone, iphone doesn't have enough space

Hi guys,

I did a full a back up of my phone this morning because I needed to exchange it for a new one (dust spots between the back plate and the camera).

I got the new phone, came home to restore from back up and it wouldn't let me. Said that there is not enough space on the iphone which seems weird.

Anyone know how I can restore?

I did a search term on the forum but it didn't generate the right threads.

Thanks!
whiskey is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2013, 12:36 AM   #2
ipsychedelic
macrumors 6502a

Just a thought in case nobody else chimes in (I never had an issue like that myself):
Check the backup folder
Code:
~/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup
Then back it up (yes, backup the backup), then check for the biggest files (they are usually videos with a weird name and/or extension -cannot recall-) and rename them to .mp4, if they can be played (that is, they are indeed videos), delete them. This is of course, pretending you had videos in the backup that could be used to "make space".
I'm not sure if it will work (or iTunes could complain about missing files), but it's worth a try.
ipsychedelic is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2013, 07:18 AM   #3
MrMacMack
macrumors 6502a

Nice to know the location where the backup resides. Thanks!
MrMacMack is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting