Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Adexder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2013
Hello there! I'm having problems with parental controls. I was playing around with it, and now I have time limits, websites blocked, and I can't use any applications. And I can't remember the password to my admin account. Is there a way I can override parental controls/change my account to an admin account without access to the admin account? :mad: :confused:

justperry

macrumors G5
Aug 10, 2007
I'm a rolling stone.
Hello there! I'm having problems with parental controls. I was playing around with it, and now I have time limits, websites blocked, and I can't use any applications. And I can't remember the password to my admin account. Is there a way I can override parental controls/change my account to an admin account without access to the admin account? :mad: :confused:

No.

You might be a teenager here asking to get rid of the parental limits your parents set.:rolleyes:

eawmp1

macrumors 601
Feb 19, 2008
FL
Sorry kid.

"You" had to enter an admin password the MAKE the changes in the first place. Your parents obviously have controls on your computer for a reason. Go negotiate with them.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.