Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

noetic11

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 4, 2013
First post guys. I got a new MBA (11" 2012 i5, 8 gb RAM, 256 gb ssd) a couple months ago. I have only a minor problem but I want to know if it is something I should be worried about. Occasionally when I open it up it is slow to wake up. It will sometimes waits ~10 sec before I can enter password. Twice it has froze momentarily and then gone to a error screen saying it must restart.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
If it did this since day#1, go see Apple.

Otherwise you have done something to the machine, unknowingly, to cause. If it doesn't bother you leave it, but I don't like that re-start msg myself. I would re-load OS from scratch, but that's just me, no rush, whenever you have a day to kill.

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
First post guys. I got a new MBA (11" 2012 i5, 8 gb RAM, 256 gb ssd) a couple months ago. I have only a minor problem but I want to know if it is something I should be worried about. Occasionally when I open it up it is slow to wake up. It will sometimes waits ~10 sec before I can enter password. Twice it has froze momentarily and then gone to a error screen saying it must restart.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

i feel its pain, the older i get the harder it is for me to wake up as well.
but as your device is still youthful i would take it in if that's convenient and see what they say.

do you have the same problem from a cold start or just waking up from sleep?

DisplacedMic

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2009
It only happens when waking up, cold start is fine. Also forgot to mention that it is slow to shut down some times: ~30 sec.

r/w issue with the HD maybe? added anything new recently? tons of stuff running etc?

you could start line-item ruling out culprits and barring a solution there i'd take it to the fruitstand...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.