Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ValtermcPires

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2013
Portugal, Cascais
Like the title says, rate the last game you played.

- - -

PC - Home 7/10

Home presents itself as a unique horror adventure game, but in reality is not entirely true,at least on horror part, true it has multiple endings, each end has a good story that grabs you a lot, but in terms of 'horror adventure' not much! It has some murders that happen, though each scenario sounds awesome, and the environments are good,also the sounds on this game is brilliant (recommend playing this with headphones). In graphic terms do not expect much, it's a 2D game very pixelated but fit well in this game.

During the game we will have some decisions but them wont affect the ending, is like if you grab X object you will read his back story.

If looking for a decent game, at low price, with a decent replay value,Home is more than recommended.

iMacFarlane

macrumors 65816
Apr 5, 2012
Adrift in a sea of possibilities
Tomb Raider (Xbox 360) 9.5/10

Truly one of the finest games I have ever played. I kept thinking about how the game was a testament to outstanding software engineering and design. Smooth character animations, exciting environments, the "draw you in" factor . . . the game nailed them all. Loved the experience system and the upgrade paths as well.
In fact, the only gripe I have about the game at all is the believability of the environments. I couldn't imagine any group of people, no matter how crazed, would want to live in the crumbling wooden ruins, the squalor and disease of the shantytown, or the difficulty of the mountain villages. Lara can do unbelievable acts of athleticism, and it's exciting for the game. But an entire community? Getting around town by climbing rock walls and tight wires? Probably not.

2nyRiggz

macrumors 603
Aug 20, 2005
Thank you Jah...I'm so Blessed
Guacamelee (PSVita) 9/10

Truly a great metroidvania game, I loved the humor and exploration. The combat was satisfying, I wish the game had voice overs and I wouldn't mind if it was a bit longer but I enjoyed it.

Bioshock Infinite (PS3) 8/10
It was really good at the beginning but its starting to get rather old.

Bless

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
Trying to remember what game I actually finished recently...

The last one is probably Uncharted 3. I liked it a lot, it wasn't as good as part 2 though.

Or maybe it was Mass Effect 3...that has to be it, actually. Fantastic game, with few imperfections.

Wardenski

macrumors 6502
Jan 22, 2012
On consoles Skyward Sword 7.5/10

A colourful adventure with good puzzles, good combat (most of the time), good music but there's nothing about it that stands out to me.

Unlike twilight princess, the world contained no pointless empty fields but there is little room for exploration here. Virtually all the story is given in cut-scenes and its not exactly very deep.

I felt that some parts of it felt very padded, especially the spirit quests. Perhaps the most annoying thing about it was having to return to the same location after each temple to sing to a statue.

The harp was a bit silly and the sword woman singing was annoying.

skottichan

macrumors 65816
Oct 23, 2007
Columbus, OH
BlackRock Shooter (PSP) - 8.5/10 But to be honest, I beat it before. This is the first time I've played the localized version. There's a few small things that got edited out, and some iffy translations, but I still adore the game and all things BRS.

The Cave (PSN) - 9/10 I had sooo much fun with this game, I hate to say that it took getting it for free for me to play it. If you haven't played it, you should, it's a fun bit of platforming with some great black comedy.

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
Injustice - storymode, I'd rate it 9/10 (overall)

Not even a big fighter myself, last game I've bought was probably Wrestlemania for snes (cool game btw), but this was great entertainment. Love all the extras and little challenges still to unlock. And well, it has superheroes, my weak spot...

spoon man

macrumors 6502a
Jul 8, 2007
Mass Effect 3 - 9/10.

Wasn't as good as the 2nd game but pretty good in all, the ending wasn't as crappy as people made it out to be and the game has loads of replay value with DLC yet to be played and the best thing is I got it for free from PSN + :D.

Taustin Powers

macrumors 6502
Apr 5, 2005
I just finished Mass Effect 1 tonight on PS3.

Good beginning to a great story, but chunky controls, technical glitches and sloppy level design hurt the experience.

7/10

The whole trilogy is probably still mu favorite gaming experience of all time. :)

ScottishCaptain

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2008
Bioshock Infinite - 9/10

Been a while since I've played a solid linear first person shooter, without the necessity of mindless XP grinding and other lame crap. Mostly a non-stop ride full of crazy action from start to finish.

-SC

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
Injustice - storymode, I'd rate it 9/10 (overall)

Not even a big fighter myself, last game I've bought was probably Wrestlemania for snes (cool game btw), but this was great entertainment. Love all the extras and little challenges still to unlock. And well, it has superheroes, my weak spot...

I really enjoyed the story mode too :) and would rate it 8.5-9/10 too

----------

Bioshock Infinite - 9/10

Been a while since I've played a solid linear first person shooter, without the necessity of mindless XP grinding and other lame crap. Mostly a non-stop ride full of crazy action from start to finish.

-SC

I was a little disappointed towards the end.... But was a very good game.

boy-better-know

macrumors 65816
Jun 30, 2010
England
Last game Finished - Super Mario 3D Land
7/10 - would have preferred more open worlds, more of a console experience, and it was far too easy.

Last Game Platinum'd - Sleeping Dogs (PS3)
8.5/10 - Thoroughly enjoyable. If you haven't picked t up yet, please do, especially as it is free on PS plus. Story line is brilliant, fight mechanics keep you interested, interesting characters etc

ValtermcPires

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 30, 2013
Portugal, Cascais
[PC] - Poker Night 2 6/10

As well as the first title, we can count 4 characters known and also a host, who is part of the cast is Claptrap (Borderlands), Brock Samson (The Venture Bros), Ash Williams (Army of Darkness) and Sam (Sam & Max ), and as host is GLaDOS, as you can see we have a great cast full of humor, and you can expect that. For those who like Poker, and knows how to play will not have big problems with this game and still going to laugh a lot with the speech of the characters.

The game has 2 modes: Texas Hold-Em and Omaha Hold ', besides you can win items for certain games (Borderlands 2 and Team Fortress 2). But not everything is paradise, this game lacks for one thing: NO MP! Is 5€ to play against the CPU unfortunately, but if you like this type game, i recommend you to buy this.

Newbie Tips.

skasol

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Black ops 2

8/10. Game was really confusing if you didn't play the previous ones. Graphics were amazing.

Tsuchiya

macrumors 68020
Jun 7, 2008
Bioshock Infinite

I won't give it a number, but it was pretty cool. I thought combat was a little weak at times, but only because the rest of the game set such a high standard.

sikkinixx

macrumors 68020
Jul 10, 2005
Rocketing through the sky!
Hotline Miami

10/10

Beat it again, because it's amazing. "Miami Disco" pumping, screen flashing, sprinting through the levels trying to get a perfect kill screen in one combo. Just so so good.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
A few games finished and none were stellar!

Metro : Last Light (PC) 6.5/10

Very small levels, samey enemies, artificial branched paths that lead to nowhere or contain anything worth going off the beaten path for...

Whilst graphically the game excels, and animation is particularly note worthy it can't hide the mediocre game beneath the pretty (albeit in an ugly way) shell.

Clearly the gae has been optimised for console generation hence relatively shet levels, but they are so unbelievably linear - totally corridor point a - point b style it is the epitome of banality.

God of War : Ascension (PS3) 6.5/10

It has the looks, it has the elements one traditionally associates with God of War but something feels off. Its like there is a lack of weight, impact in your moves and a general lack of immersion or a feeling of distance / remoteness.

Throughout I just played to get to the next section, but have no lasting impression of the game other than meh! Its alright I guess....

Didn't play multiplayer - not interested in multiplayer tbh.

Sniper 2 : Ghost warrior (PC) 6.5/10

Another rather bland insipid FPS that does nothing terrible but nothing stellar either. If I hadn't paid £4.99 off steam I'd have knocked a point off.....

lunaoso

macrumors 65816
Sep 22, 2012
Boston, MA
Assassins Creed Revelations (PS3)
Rate: 7.5/10

It was a really fun game, but it was pretty short, and the character were really static. Plus no good final boss fight, just some button mashing. The Altaïr parts were awesome though, I've always had a soft spot for Altaïr, but the first game didn't do much for him. This one really brought him out from a character stand point.

roadbloc

macrumors G3
Aug 24, 2009
UK
System Shock 2: 9.5/10

More games should be like this. Imagine Bioshock on a spaceship. It's also rock hard with some fantastic moments of tension and panic. The skill points thing is pretty annoying, especially if you make the wrong choices, but overall a fantastic game that is surprisingly good for its age.

rezenclowd3

macrumors 65816
God of War Ascension: 6/10
I quite agree with MacRumorUser. Average game, IMO solid as far as gameplay, for the most part. Many of the quicktime events were frustrating as they ether popped up during battle, when you are button mashing, or randomly use other parts of the controller that were not used throughout the rest of the game. If you like the series, a fun play, but the story dissapoints. 1-3 are awesome, only play this if you would like to play more without already knowing the previous games. If you havent played 1-3, skip this.

Metal Gear Solid 1-4:10/10
Beat them for the 6th or so time, maybe more. I lost count. Amazing, utterly amazing. Controls can be unconventional, but in a way I enjoy it.

Last edited:

twietee

macrumors 603
Jan 24, 2012
System Shock 2: 9.5/10

More games should be like this. Imagine Bioshock on a spaceship. It's also rock hard with some fantastic moments of tension and panic. The skill points thing is pretty annoying, especially if you make the wrong choices, but overall a fantastic game that is surprisingly good for its age.

I remember System Shock. Incredible Game and atmosphere, Looking Glass if I remember correctly.

MRU

macrumors Penryn
Aug 23, 2005
a better place
God of War Ascension: 6/10
I quite agree with MacRumorUser.

Yeah really a bit of a letdown. I think Sony should maybe retire GOW for a while.

And the level designers who chose some of the run towards the screen platforming sections should have been fired (out of a cannon in to the Sun) , probably the worst thing to do is platforming running towards the screen - its never fun. The challenge is born of frustration and avoidance of being cheated by the designers not the gamers lack of skill. They were frustrating and not fun.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.