Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video

Old May 5, 2013, 09:09 AM   #1
mlody
macrumors regular

join multiple video files into one

good morning,

I am having issues with mkvtools 2.4.7. when I try to join multiple video files, the video is missing, but audio is playing just fine.
Has anyone experienced anything like that before? any solution to this problem?
I am also open for any software suggestions (free preferred) that could help me accomplish my tasks - basically I have tons of home video files that had been recorded in at least 3 different formats (.3gp, mts, mp4) over the several last years, but I would like to merge them into longer movies (m4v files) as some of them are annoyingly short (10-30 sec some clips) and sort them perhaps by months or years.

I appreciate any help
mlody is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 10:17 PM   #2
mlody
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlody View Post
good morning,

I am having issues with mkvtools 2.4.7. when I try to join multiple video files, the video is missing, but audio is playing just fine.
Has anyone experienced anything like that before? any solution to this problem?
I am also open for any software suggestions (free preferred) that could help me accomplish my tasks - basically I have tons of home video files that had been recorded in at least 3 different formats (.3gp, mts, mp4) over the several last years, but I would like to merge them into longer movies (m4v files) as some of them are annoyingly short (10-30 sec some clips) and sort them perhaps by months or years.

I appreciate any help

I found a quick and very elegant solution - quick time does exactly what I was looking for.
mlody is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Digital Video