Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mlody

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
good morning,

I am having issues with mkvtools 2.4.7. when I try to join multiple video files, the video is missing, but audio is playing just fine.
Has anyone experienced anything like that before? any solution to this problem?
I am also open for any software suggestions (free preferred) that could help me accomplish my tasks - basically I have tons of home video files that had been recorded in at least 3 different formats (.3gp, mts, mp4) over the several last years, but I would like to merge them into longer movies (m4v files) as some of them are annoyingly short (10-30 sec some clips) and sort them perhaps by months or years.

I appreciate any help

mlody

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Nov 11, 2012
Windy City
good morning,

I am having issues with mkvtools 2.4.7. when I try to join multiple video files, the video is missing, but audio is playing just fine.
Has anyone experienced anything like that before? any solution to this problem?
I am also open for any software suggestions (free preferred) that could help me accomplish my tasks - basically I have tons of home video files that had been recorded in at least 3 different formats (.3gp, mts, mp4) over the several last years, but I would like to merge them into longer movies (m4v files) as some of them are annoyingly short (10-30 sec some clips) and sort them perhaps by months or years.

I appreciate any help

I found a quick and very elegant solution - quick time does exactly what I was looking for.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.