Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AznTakumi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
Okay so this macbook air 2011 is my main computer. I use my macbook air at 100% to 18% then charge it back up to 98% and use it up to 18% then repeat. At least once a month, I use my MBA to 0% and leave it at 0% over night then charge it back to 100%.
Is this the correct way to use my MBA to maintain a healthy battery?

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Okay so this macbook air 2011 is my main computer. I use my macbook air at 100% to 18% then charge it back up to 98% and use it up to 18% then repeat. At least once a month, I use my MBA to 0% and leave it at 0% over night then charge it back to 100%.
Is this the correct way to use my MBA to maintain a healthy battery?
Run on battery whenever you need to and plug it in whenever you can. You can plug or unplug any time you need to, regardless of the charged percentage, and you never need to completely drain your battery. Just make sure you don't run on AC power exclusively, as your battery needs to be used regularly to stay healthy. The link below should answer most, if not all, of your battery/charging questions. If you haven't already done so, I highly recommend you take the time to read it.

AznTakumi

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 4, 2011
Ahhh! I just read the article, Did the way I was using my MBA's battery ruin or hurt it?

2IS

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2011
As long as you actually use it from time to time and keep it out of extreme temperatures, it should last a good long time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.