Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps

Old May 5, 2013, 10:54 PM   #1
JustOneQuickONe
macrumors 6502

App for handwritten annotation in Ebook/Etextbook?

Does anyone know of an app that allows you to annotate directly on the pages of an etextbook that you have purchased? I have noteability for annotating PDF's, however, most etexts are not in PDF form. I want to be able to annotate the etext just as if I were annotating a PDF. Does an app like this even exist? Tried searching, came up with nothing. If this has been covered, please link me in the right direction!
JustOneQuickONe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 01:29 AM   #2
vainhumility
macrumors member

I dont think such a thing exists. I tried finding something and couldn't so I came up with a workaround. I download the textbook from iBooks on my ipad and take screenshots of every single page. Then I import all of those screenshots to an app called Photo to PDF ($2.99) and then when the PDF is created, I put it in Dropbox and then sync it to Notability. Finally, I can annotate my textbook. Hope this helps!

Last edited by vainhumility; May 6, 2013 at 01:36 AM. Reason: Forgot a word
vainhumility is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 04:54 PM   #3
JustOneQuickONe
macrumors 6502

Eh, I thought about trying that, but that's a lot of work to just be able to write on my pages. Is there anyway to purchase the etext and convert it into PDF with some program (computer or ipad)?
JustOneQuickONe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 06:07 PM   #4
vainhumility
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustOneQuickONe View Post
Eh, I thought about trying that, but that's a lot of work to just be able to write on my pages. Is there anyway to purchase the etext and convert it into PDF with some program (computer or ipad)?

No because almost all books now have DRM so they're protected from being converted/reproduced/etc.
vainhumility is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > iPad Apps