Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues

Old May 6, 2013, 11:43 AM   #1
aerok
macrumors 65816

Tamerlan Tsarnaev's Burial

Been reading this article saying that no cemetary wants to have him buried. I do understand all the hate peple have on him, at the end he is still human and I feel he should still be buried.

Some of the comments people have posted in the comment section of the article is just awful, feels like what people would say during the Middle Ages.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/05/06/us/bos...html?hpt=hp_t1

Quote:
JackARoe
Mount his head on the Whitehouse gate. Send his parts to the four corners of America.
Quote:
Phaulk Phacebuk
Cremate him and flush his remains down the toilet.
Quote:
goomba1181
I don't think people putting pressure cooker bombs along street counts as the usual "difficulties of life". Coming up short on bills? Difficulty of life. Home foreclosure? Difficulty of life. Car broke down? Difficulty of life. Blowing people up while they enjoy a sunny day? Not a difficulty of life. I say drag the living one behind a car for the entire length of the marathon, at the finish line cuddle him up to one of his own bombs and detonate, then hang him on a pole outside of town....just like 16th century London....so that our children, and the world, understand the consequences of those actions. I can't believe this is even an issue.....thank God for liberal America!

Last edited by aerok; May 6, 2013 at 01:06 PM.
aerok is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 11:50 AM   #2
rdowns
macrumors Penryn

I can certainly understand a cemetery refusing to bury him. His grave will only be a target for vandalism or worse.

As for the comments, this is the Internet. Ignorance is amplified.
Old May 6, 2013, 11:50 AM   #3
mcrain
Banned

Why didn't we treat his body with the same religious respect that we did with Bin Laden. They could have done a quick autopsy, with an immediate cremation or burial at sea in accordance with his religious customs.
mcrain is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 11:58 AM   #4
rovex
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrain View Post
Why didn't we treat his body with the same religious respect that we did with Bin Laden. They could have done a quick autopsy, with an immediate cremation or burial at sea in accordance with his religious customs.
Actually, i don't believe the way in which bin laden's body was disposed of was conform to islam, in spite of what was said, but i'm no expert.
rovex is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 12:53 PM   #5
Fazzy
macrumors 6502

They should bury him in an unmarked anonymous grave in an unspecified location to keep the fanatics (on both sides) from vandalising/ turning the grave into a shrine.
Old May 6, 2013, 12:56 PM   #6
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovex View Post
Actually, i don't believe the way in which bin laden's body was disposed of was conform to islam, in spite of what was said, but i'm no expert.
No-one seemed to get too angry about it to be honest, so I think it was probably fine from that perspective.
Old May 6, 2013, 01:05 PM   #7
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraserhead View Post
No-one seemed to get too angry about it to be honest, so I think it was probably fine from that perspective.
Pretty sure a lot of people from Al-Quaeda and family members were very angry about the disposal of the body.
Old May 6, 2013, 01:09 PM   #8
ugahairydawgs
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerok View Post
Pretty sure a lot of people from Al-Quaeda and family members were very angry about the disposal of the body.
They were probably more mad about the fact that there was a body to be disposed of.
ugahairydawgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 01:14 PM   #9
Peace
macrumors P6

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerok View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ugahairydawgs View Post
They were probably more mad about the fact that there was a body to be disposed of.
You guys give Al-Quaeda too much importance. They could care less. This guy wasn't part of Al-Quaeda. He was a wannabe.

He deserves a burial just like any other human being.
Peace is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 01:32 PM   #10
eawmp1
macrumors 601

For health concerns he needs to be buried. Unmarked grave in public cemetery.
eawmp1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 01:37 PM   #11
classicaliberal
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcrain View Post
Because when it comes down to it, those who deny 'blowback' on a regular basis, actually believe in it and know it to be true. Osama's body was treated a specific way to reduce any sort of unnecessary exacerbation and consequential attacks on American interests. It's too bad the same strategy can't be undertaken in regards to the positioning of our military bases abroad, occupation during 'nation-building', and needless funding/intervention in foreign civil wars.
classicaliberal is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 01:38 PM   #12
rovex
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eraserhead View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrMptMiajj0

In French so pretty useless, but Tariq Ramadan claims throwing a body to sea doesn't conform to islamic ritual (2:50).

Anyway, shooting an unarmed man seems very un-democratic to begin with. But we're talking about America here...
rovex is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 01:49 PM   #13
Eraserhead
macrumors G4

Quote:

In French so pretty useless, but Tariq Ramadan claims throwing a body to sea doesn't conform to islamic ritual (2:50).
Fair enough .
Old May 6, 2013, 03:04 PM   #14
rhett7660
macrumors 604

Quote:

Anyway, shooting an unarmed man seems very un-democratic to begin with. But we're talking about America here...
Just to clarify are you saying he was unarmed and shot?
Old May 6, 2013, 03:14 PM   #15
rovex
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett7660 View Post
I think they made no attempt to capture the man alive, like they make no attempt to capture drone targeted suspects alive, in fact the whole strategy is kill with impunity and hope everyone shuts their mouth.

Make a good alibi while they're at it.
Old May 6, 2013, 03:15 PM   #16
aerok
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhett7660 View Post
Both the offical and witness story say that he was unarmed

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...n-doorway.html
Old May 6, 2013, 03:17 PM   #17
Moyank24
macrumors 68040

Quote:
I think they made no attempt to capture the man alive, like they make no attempt to capture drone targeted suspects alive, in fact the whole strategy is kill with impunity and hope everyone shuts their mouth.

Well, why not kill the brother, then?

And wasn't the account that he set off a bomb and in the smoke ran towards the cops? They were firing at the officers and they seemed to have explosives. Who knew if he had explosives on him or not?

I'm sure if you were standing there with a killer coming towards you, in the dark and in a smoky environment you would have just dropped your gun and tackled him?
Moyank24 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 03:18 PM   #18
Peace
macrumors P6

Quote:

To be fair to LEA this guy had just murdered a guy in cold blood and blew up bombs too. The local police had no idea what to expect in confronting him.

As I seem to read he was tossing pipe bombs out the window during the chase and then just stopped and got out of his car and started shooting.

In this kind of situation the LEA had no choice but to blast him with 100 rounds.
Peace is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 03:22 PM   #19
rovex
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyank24 View Post
Well, why not kill the brother, then?
Because everyone's entitled to a fair trial, doesn't matter what he did or didn't do america's a democracy (lol).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moyank24 View Post
And wasn't the account that he set off a bomb and in the smoke ran towards the cops? They were firing at the officers and they seemed to have explosives. Who knew if he had explosives on him or not?

I'm sure if you were standing there with a killer coming towards you, in the dark and in a smoky environment you would have just dropped your gun and tackled him?
A killer without a gun, doesn't make him a killer. Stop making up excuses.
Old May 6, 2013, 03:22 PM   #20
wrkactjob
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by eawmp1 View Post
For health concerns he needs to be buried. Unmarked grave in public cemetery.
Isn't there a local industrial incinerator the body can be thrown in?
wrkactjob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 03:36 PM   #21
noisycats
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peace View Post
He deserves a burial just like any other human being.
Interesting discussion point. Deserve?

By whom?

Who is trying to bury him? His family?

I think society owes it to itself to ensure he is disposed of in a non-offensive manner that conforms to public health standards. And not much else.

----------

A killer without a gun, doesn't make him a killer. Stop making up excuses.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what that means??

A killer without a gun is still a killer. You said so in defining him.
noisycats is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 03:40 PM   #22
rovex
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by noisycats View Post

I don't even know what that means.
It means an immediate threat, replying to the poster above who suggested he was in position and armed to kill.
Old May 6, 2013, 03:44 PM   #23
Peace
macrumors P6

[QUOTE=noisycats;17237216]Interesting discussion point. Deserve?

By whom?

I think society owes it to itself to ensure he is disposed of in a non-offensive manner that conforms to public health standards. And not much else.

----------

"Deserve" because he is a human being. Period.
Peace is offline   4 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 03:45 PM   #24
ugahairydawgs
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Because everyone's entitled to a fair trial, doesn't matter what he did or didn't do america's a democracy (lol).

A killer without a gun, doesn't make him a killer. Stop making up excuses.
A killer without a gun? They shot and killed the cop at MIT and then, when pinned down by the cops, started shooting and lobbing bombs at the cops.

What exactly were they supposed to do to subdue him?
ugahairydawgs is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 6, 2013, 03:46 PM   #25
aerok
macrumors 65816

[QUOTE=Peace;17237264]
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisycats View Post
Interesting discussion point. Deserve?

By whom?

----------

"Deserve" because he is a human being. Period.
I somewhat agree with Peace. A horrible human being is still a human being.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Politics, Religion, Social Issues