Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
I feel like 6.1.4 is an update for apple rather than for the users. I read that it didn't change any speaker or sound. Should I avoid the update?

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I feel like 6.1.4 is an update for apple rather than for the users. I read that it didn't change any speaker or sound. Should I avoid the update?

Why would you avoid it? Even if it doesn't fix any of your issues, there is no reason not to update...What kind of question is this?

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Why would you avoid it? Even if it doesn't fix any of your issues, there is no reason not to update...What kind of question is this?

because it has no benefit from the user. I'm sure it's apple trying to collect more data from us and have more control over the phone with this update.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
because it has no benefit from the user. I'm sure it's apple trying to collect more data from us and have more control over the phone with this update.

If you're sure apple is pushing updates to track its users, then by all means avoid the update. In reality, apple providing bug fixes and most users should upgrade.

paulbennett95

macrumors 6502a
Aug 30, 2012
Long Island, NY
And with 6.1.5 they'll add a remote kill switch if you post anything negative about Apple on rumor forums! Where's my tin foil hat when I need it?

canwe3

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
apple providing bug fixes and most users should upgrade.
what bug fixes on 6.1.4 update? Someone did a speaker sound date with 6.1.4 and 6.1.3. No different at all. Not sure what sound update they did

Interstella5555

macrumors 603
Jun 30, 2008

You mean it won't suddenly do NFC or have a fingerprint scanner? 99% of updates are under the hood that average users don't know about or understand. Additionally, extra speakers won't be activated and I'm not sure what needs to change with sound.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
what bug fixes on 6.1.4 update? Someone did a speaker sound date with 6.1.4 and 6.1.3. No different at all. Not sure what sound update they did

Apple's site states:Updated audio profile for speakerphone

Link

As I said, if you don't want to update it, then don't - no one is twisting your arm in updating. If you think something nefarious is going on, then perhaps you may be happier on a different platform.

MrMacMack

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2012
I notice a difference when watch Netflix. Prior at 100% it surprised me that the speaker didn't blow out and now at 100% is seems like the volume is less distorted and forced.

rtomyj

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2012
You misspelled Google and this is the wrong forum for Android and their tracking :D.

R.Stoychev

macrumors 6502a
Dec 23, 2012
I notice a difference but It is not a big deal, update It will not harm your phone :)

SnowLeopard2008

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2008
Silicon Valley
Apple tuned the audio profile (read: how it sounds) for speakerphone mode. At least you get updates. If you were on Android, the only phone with timely updates is the Nexus.

5kylar

macrumors member
Apr 11, 2013
ON. Canada

If your running a jailbreak or are running a FW in which you could jailbreak at some point, I would personally avoid updating. However Apple is not out to get you, it's fine to update anytime.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
What additional data is being collected and what additional control is being given to Apple? Where is this documented? Yeah... :rolleyes:

clauzzz203

macrumors 6502
Sep 18, 2012

LOL so Apple, who makes iOS for six years now and could have left any secret remote control it wanted, wants to secretly have more control over the phone, and would need an update for that, and you just figured out their diabolical plan. Jeez, thanks for warning us :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.