Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old May 6, 2013, 06:28 PM   #1
davidlw
macrumors 6502a

Will say it again iPhone is the best!

I tried the HTC One and the Galaxy G4 and I ran back to the iPhone. As nice as those phones are, they aren't a iPhone. The iPhone just works and works well. Anyone thinking of jumping ship should reconsider and really think about it.
davidlw is offline   13
Old May 6, 2013, 06:29 PM   #2
CEmajr
macrumors 68020

If you don't have an iPhone...

Well you just don't have an iPhone.
CEmajr is offline   16
Old May 6, 2013, 06:32 PM   #3
Big Dave
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by CEmajr View Post
If you don't have an iPhone...

Well you just don't have an iPhone.
If you don't have an iPhone, you could have an iPad mini with skype. I'm waiting to see what the iPad mini 2 and the iphone 5s comes out with.
Big Dave is offline   2
Old May 6, 2013, 06:55 PM   #4
Mrbobb
macrumors 601

Ah comeon, you are getting free laughs here, go post that at the "other" forum.
Old May 6, 2013, 07:21 PM   #5
617aircav
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlw View Post
I tried the HTC One and the Galaxy G4 and I ran back to the iPhone. As nice as those phones are, they aren't a iPhone. The iPhone just works and works well. Anyone thinking of jumping ship should reconsider and really think about it.
I just bought the HTC one and I'm happy with it. These are all good phones and it's a matter of preference.
617aircav is online now   17
Old May 6, 2013, 08:02 PM   #6
Michael CM1
macrumors 601

So what you're saying is touching your phones to share a playlist using a service that is hardly everywhere WAS NOT enough to make you want to keep a Galaxy?

iPhone vs. Android phones is the new Mac vs. PC. The people who love the "open" phone software will buy an Android phone so they can make the menu bar blue and buy software from three major application hubs instead of one. Oh, and they get a giant clock. I learnt my lesson using Windows for a couple of decades. I'm sticking with the "it just works" platform.
Old May 6, 2013, 08:40 PM   #7
boshii
macrumors 68030

I've had every iPhone since the 3G and decided to try the S4 after realizing I was getting bored of iOS.

It took some adjusting at first but I love it now. The ability to do things apple won't let me is a breath of fresh air. The modifications are endless. The screen is big and beautiful. I wouldn't say it's perfect because I had better battery life on my iPhone 5, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice since the battery is replaceable.

I never imagined myself switching to android but apple's innovation has slowed to a crawl. I'll probably switch back if I get bored of android or if apple starts listening to its consumers but as of now, the S4 is perfect for me.
boshii is offline   9
Old May 6, 2013, 09:37 PM   #8
JAT
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidlw View Post
Blasphemer! This is a Samsung forum, why would you post about the iPhone here?
Old May 6, 2013, 09:40 PM   #9
Jinzen
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boshii View Post
I've had every iPhone since the 3G and decided to try the S4 after realizing I was getting bored of iOS.

It took some adjusting at first but I love it now. The ability to do things apple won't let me is a breath of fresh air. The modifications are endless. The screen is big and beautiful. I wouldn't say it's perfect because I had better battery life on my iPhone 5, but I'm willing to make that sacrifice since the battery is replaceable.

I never imagined myself switching to android but apple's innovation has slowed to a crawl. I'll probably switch back if I get bored of android or if apple starts listening to its consumers but as of now, the S4 is perfect for me.
Tried the S4 in store. It lagged while scrolling through a website.

/Next
Jinzen is offline   5
Old May 6, 2013, 09:50 PM   #10
Fouracre44
macrumors regular

They're both great phones and I have to admit after recently using and getting an s3 for a good price off ebay, I will be using it instead of getting another iPhone 4s or five ( mine was stolen ).

Things to love about each, love the stability / simple ease of use with apple, love the size and the os on the iphone, the app community & " feel " of getting an iphone.

Love the flexibility / cool ****, excellent customisation & reliability of the gs3. The screens great, with a few tweaks the batteries great, call quality is great like the iPhone.

As android continues to mature, they will become even more popular and to compete I believe Apple will have to re invent their mobile OS, while still keeping it simple and intelligent, and possibly offer smart phones a little cheaper than what they are currently.

I would be on the iphone 5 now, had the cost not been outrageous, however thats just me and I've now jumped off the latest smart phone bandwagon and am happy with buying a gen behind the current in order to save money. I'm quite enjoying using the s3, I've set it up with a few tweaks and mods to make it simple, easy to use like os, but it's got a cool feel to it now, threw a slim case on it and it feels solid. I'm loving the screen size too.

People remember trying phones in store, the phones are NEVER set up correctly, usually people have F&ked them.

They are both great phones, one phone is simply not " better ". There are phones that work great for some people and others like a more customisable approach. Really guys, I think you enjoy technology so much more if you get to try out new phones, rather than just saying " oh this is the best " like HTC one, GS4, iPhone 5, even the xperia z. All great phones, and I've enjoyed mucking around with them, I don't own any of them but my friends and family do and I've had to make calls with them, text, use the interface and it's cool to see how different they all are.

Another thing that stopped me from going iphone 5 this year, was it getting completely scratched and dented.. you just don't make phones from aluminum... seriously.
Fouracre44 is offline   2
Old May 6, 2013, 10:00 PM   #11
Knowlege Bomb
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fouracre44 View Post
As android continues to mature, they will become even more popular and to compete I believe Apple will have to re invent their mobile OS, while still keeping it simple and intelligent, and possibly offer smart phones a little cheaper than what they are currently.
If the rumors are to be believed this is exactly what they're doing this year. iOS is losing the skeuomorphism element under Ive and budget iPhone parts have supposedly already started to leak.
Knowlege Bomb is offline   1
Old May 6, 2013, 10:02 PM   #12
Applefan4
macrumors member

Why would anyone want to get anything other than iPhone? Samesung and HTC are both terrible.
Applefan4 is offline   11
Old May 7, 2013, 12:23 AM   #13
hushmartin
macrumors 6502

The iPhone is a lovely phone, but it's stagnated. Apple really needs to offer a bigger screen like the HTC One or S4 in addition to a smaller size. Never mind the horrid iOS. It still looks the same as the day it came out!

When Apple comes to it's senses--- I hope it does--- then I'll be back to the iPhone. Until then, I'm *loving* my new One. It beats the S4 for me because of the screen and the amazing speakers, among other things. Battery life is really good too! Oh, and it's gorgeous. The S4 kinda just looks like a plastic turd to me-- just my opinion, I'm sure others feel differently.

I don't think I will ever be an android fanatic-- there are a few things that really annoy me. Most notably-- the fact that there are menus EVERYWHERE and many of them duplicate functions. So, in order to change settings for say, an app or two, you have to change settings in 2 or three places. Sure, this allows some crazy modifications to the way things work, but it's one heck of a hassle to get situated.
Old May 7, 2013, 12:33 AM   #14
617aircav
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Applefan4 View Post
Why would anyone want to get anything other than iPhone? Samesung and HTC are both terrible.
How so?
617aircav is online now   1
Old May 7, 2013, 12:47 AM   #15
Applefan4
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 617aircav View Post
How so?
Zero lag when scrolling through websites, better screen size (4inch fits in one hand, unlike surfboard S4/One), better support, better quality, more reliable, better design, better sound quality when making calls. iPhone 5 is for serious professionals and mature people, while Samsung cheap plastic feel tends to be more for teenagers, younger people. Just my opinion of course, but android phones feel really lame to me.
Applefan4 is offline   8
Old May 7, 2013, 12:59 AM   #16
lordofthereef
macrumors 603

"The iPhone just works and works well"

That's fair.

Can you tell us how the other phones "just didn't work and didn't work well" for you?
Old May 7, 2013, 02:36 AM   #17
dotyfbp
macrumors newbie

learnt my lesson using Windows for a couple of decades. I'm sticking with the "it just works" platform.[img]http://**********************/6.jpg[/img]
[img]http://**********************/7.jpg[/img]
[img]http://**********************/8.jpg[/img]
[img]http://**********************/9.jpg[/img]
dotyfbp is offline   1
Old May 7, 2013, 03:55 AM   #18
The-Real-Deal82
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
I just bought the HTC one and I'm happy with it. These are all good phones and it's a matter of preference.
I think this post sums it up.

For me the iPhone 5 is the best phone, I wouldn't have bought it if I didn't truly believe that but for others its often different. We all have different preferences that's all.
Old May 7, 2013, 05:21 AM   #19
osofast240sx
macrumors 68000

Quote:
How so?
Not the best example, play subway surfer on a S3 then play it on a iPhone 5. Night and day experience.
osofast240sx is offline   2
Old May 7, 2013, 05:41 AM   #20
Smartass
macrumors 6502a

what a stupid discussion.
Smartass is offline   3
Old May 7, 2013, 07:20 AM   #21
Fouracre44
macrumors regular

Quote:
Zero lag when scrolling through websites, better screen size (4inch fits in one hand, unlike surfboard S4/One), better support, better quality, more reliable, better design, better sound quality when making calls. iPhone 5 is for serious professionals and mature people, while Samsung cheap plastic feel tends to be more for teenagers, younger people. Just my opinion of course, but android phones feel really lame to me.
HAHAHAHAHA.... I'm going to go buy an iphone so I can be a serious professional!
Fouracre44 is offline   5
Old May 7, 2013, 07:23 AM   #22
Shrink
macrumors Demi-God

Click image for larger version

Name:	Yawning.png
Views:	137
Size:	379.6 KB
ID:	411191
Old May 7, 2013, 08:40 AM   #23
decafjava
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
Already out
Click image for larger version

Name:	zzzz_trans.gif
Views:	118
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	411198
decafjava is offline   3
Old May 7, 2013, 08:49 AM   #24
jayrflow
macrumors regular

Quote:
Lmao oh man....
jayrflow is offline   3
Old May 7, 2013, 09:32 AM   #25
rockitdog
macrumors 65816

The iPhone is.... mediocre at best.
rockitdog is offline   6

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland