|May 7, 2013, 09:01 AM||#1|
iPhone 5 Memory Issues ;(
I cant understand why my iPhone 5's memory keeps running out!
I have added all my apps, music, videos and pictures up and it comes to 7.5GB.
Jailbreak Tweaks cant be more than 250MB, I only have a few and the biggest one is the Glasklart Theme @ 51MB.
The other 90% are less than 1MB and the other 10% less than 5MB with about 20 Tweaks in total.
Even adding them up to 10GB, I should have around 3GB free on my 16GB iP5.
However, the phone constantly alerts me saying I am running out of memory with about 30MB free.
I have DELETED apps in the last few days without adding any other apps/music/videos/pictures/JB Tweaks etc however the memory continues to dwindle!
Anyone got any answers?
EDIT: In iTunes, it is showing 4.78GB worth of data in "Other".
What is this?
|May 7, 2013, 10:20 AM||#2|
I keep seeing threads like this and wondering why Apple still even sells a 16GB iPhone.
It's just NOT ENOUGH anymore.
They really need to discontinue the 16GB and make 32GB and 64GB the only options.
As for your issue... Do you have Photostream on? That can use a couple of GB if you've taken a lot of photos, even after you've moved them to your computer.
Old-school Apple ][ expert! Ask me if you have a ][ question!
Apple user 1983-1992, 2003-Present -- Linux user 1995-Present
Windows-free since 2003! Though I still have to deal with it at work.
|May 7, 2013, 10:29 AM||#3|
|May 7, 2013, 10:34 AM||#4|
Nope, My PhotoStream has never been on.
And like I said, I should have like 3-5GB free so a 16GB iPhone is no problem for me.
|May 7, 2013, 10:44 AM||#6|
This "other" issue is driving me crazy too. I am jailbroken with just MyWi installed. My "other" is 13gb. 13gb!
I do not want to restore because it will update me to the latest iOS and therefore I lose my jailbreak! Oh apple
|May 7, 2013, 12:12 PM||#7|
|May 7, 2013, 12:27 PM||#8|
This worked for me:
"Reset All Settings" via the iPhone itself.
I waited 10 mintes and the loading thing kept spinning.
So I held the Power Button and Home button for 10 secs to force it out of this.
Nothing changed on my phone but my "Other" went from 5GB to 2.5GB.
Big difference and will definitely keep me going for a while.
Not really as Im guessing the "other" will continue to increase so dosen't matter what size you have, eventually, it will fill it up.
Only if the storage starts hitting 128GB will it no be a problem!
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Memory Issues||Hombrelobo||iPhone||3||Jan 5, 2014 02:24 PM|
|My iPhone 5 Has Memory Issues ;(||angelwings||iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting||4||May 7, 2013 11:31 AM|
|Memory issues||jlrathke||Mac Basics and Help||2||Jan 20, 2013 12:11 PM|
|Memory issues||martva||Mac Pro||2||Sep 4, 2012 07:51 AM|
|Mac memory issues||Cyrid||Mac Basics and Help||3||Aug 21, 2012 06:49 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:21 PM.