Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air

Old May 7, 2013, 09:21 AM   #1
abovethebar
macrumors newbie

White Screen & Chime, Over N' Over - 2011 Macbook Air - A1369

I offered to repair this computer for a family member who had spilled a cup of tea on it; she turned it off right away but unfortunately took it to apple-care techs that booted it up!

1) I tried cleaning it to no avail and realized the motherboard needed to be replaced, so I put in a new one.

2) It booted up but the numbers on the keyboard needed to replaced so I put it a whole new bottom panel.

3) Everything seemed to work perfectly except the wifi, I opened it up again and noticed a small tear in the antenna cable. I purchased a new cable and tested it out without dissecting the mba again and it worked. So I took it apart once again, separated the lcd from the bottom panel and took it apart to put in the camera connection and new antenna assembly. I was very careful and it seemed as though everything was smooth sailing.

IT WASN'T: When I boot the computer a white screen (no apple) comes up with the start-up chime, a brief pause and then the same thing, over and over... I tried all of the different key combinations recommended online and I've also tried booting from the external CD drive with no success...

Can someone please help me out???
abovethebar is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Notebooks > MacBook Air