Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Old May 7, 2013, 10:33 AM   #1
AdamC93
macrumors newbie

iPad music app redesign

I have a feeling (now we 99.9% know the design is going to be flat), that the music app on the iPad will (finally) get a better look. Hopefully some bugs will get ironed out too, especially missing album art and pointlessly truncated album/artists names which should fit in their available space.

Anyway, I'm thinking, how the Remote app for iPad was (kinda) recently released after iTunes 11 update, that the new Music app on the iPad will look and perform similar too this.

Of course famously, one guy worked on the Remote app in the version before iTunes 11 update (and I wouldn't be surprised if thats the same for the iTunes 11 Remote.

I can't help but think since the release of the Remote app was (according to iTunes) the 29th November, a month after Scott Forestall got the boot, that the new Music app will also have this design, maybe even built in to the app, with a better use for AirPlay (of which I can't use even though I have a Mac, iPad and iPhone) unless I'm in the car.

What are peoples thoughts on this?
Old May 7, 2013, 01:55 PM   #2
jonnyb098
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamC93 View Post
I have a feeling (now we 99.9% know the design is going to be flat), that the music app on the iPad will (finally) get a better look. Hopefully some bugs will get ironed out too, especially missing album art and pointlessly truncated album/artists names which should fit in their available space.

Anyway, I'm thinking, how the Remote app for iPad was (kinda) recently released after iTunes 11 update, that the new Music app on the iPad will look and perform similar too this.

Of course famously, one guy worked on the Remote app in the version before iTunes 11 update (and I wouldn't be surprised if thats the same for the iTunes 11 Remote.

I can't help but think since the release of the Remote app was (according to iTunes) the 29th November, a month after Scott Forestall got the boot, that the new Music app will also have this design, maybe even built in to the app, with a better use for AirPlay (of which I can't use even though I have a Mac, iPad and iPhone) unless I'm in the car.

What are peoples thoughts on this?
I thought the same thing after the new remote app was released. It's essentially iTunes 11 running on iPad, and it works beautifully. The new design of iTunes 11 is just begging to be made the iPad music app. It's a perfect fit. Now lets hope it happened. Just one month to go!
jonnyb098 is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 21, 2014, 10:44 PM   #3
Traverse
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonnyb098 View Post
I thought the same thing after the new remote app was released. It's essentially iTunes 11 running on iPad, and it works beautifully. The new design of iTunes 11 is just begging to be made the iPad music app. It's a perfect fit. Now lets hope it happened. Just one month to go!
Boy were we wrong...

Plain list with wasted space...
Traverse is offline   2 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iOS > iOS 7

Tags
ipad, itunes, music