Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacTruck

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
One Endless Loop
Check this out! iPod movie. Talk about cool. I would buy one.

pod_comp_v001_FNL_1.jpg

dock_pod_comp_v001_FNL_1.jpg

Too bad it does not exist.

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
I like the twin headphone out ports, that's a nice touch. The controls are interesting, certainly a break from the wheel design but I think it makes great use of the space.

What sort of size are we looking at for this mock-up? It's pretty well done.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I love that mockup. It is one of the few that I've seen regarding video ipod and such that I loved right away.
What I do wonder is if while docked is any part of that screen covered? if so, then it needs to be fixed up so it is not. That would be the way I would watch movies at my desk or something. I can't see holding that thing all of the time, I'd get cramps in my hand! Also, if they offered something clear and clean like an easle or something then I can leave the dock at home and buy the easels.
I am talking like this exists. I do think it is a good mockup and worth the possibility of actually existing.

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
Jesus, that's a killer mockup. You could fit so much crap (ahem...firewire) into that wide body.

I'd buy one eventually, after I recover from my last few purchases.

Makes you wonder if someone is trying to get a job at Apple?

puckhead193

macrumors G3
May 25, 2004
NY
i like that, i especially like the dual headphone jacks for sharing with your neighbor, very thoughtful

Whyren

macrumors 6502a
I don't mind the lack of the click wheel so much (after all, Apple has to move one at some point don't they ;)).

The biggest problem I'd see is where are you able to hold onto this device without thumbprinting the screen or hitting a button? Some way more secure than holding it width-ways between your thumb and forefinger.

MacTruck

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 27, 2005
One Endless Loop
This is what is lacking in the industry, a video player that looks nice that has a 60gb HD or higher. Now if apple could only get a video player that plays any size video. Compressing all my movies to ipod spec is a real pain in the arse.

hardon

macrumors regular
Aug 27, 2003
UK Kent
MacTruck said:
This is what is lacking in the industry, a video player that looks nice that has a 60gb HD or higher. Now if apple could only get a video player that plays any size video. Compressing all my movies to ipod spec is a real pain in the arse.

i couldn't agree more.

id buy one, hell id buy 2 :eek:

EGT

macrumors 68000
Sep 4, 2003
Yes that is a lovely looking pavement slab ... I wonder do they make a non slip tile version for my bathroom?

If the iPod gets any wider with future generations I will cry. An "iPod" for movies requires a completely different product in my honest opinion. Tablet Mac?

Whyren

macrumors 6502a
MacTruck said:

Apple needs to get to work on holographic projections. :D

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
visiting from downstream
This is a pretty sweet design.

IF they do something like this, they need to make sure to add one thing... wireless network capability and Sony LocationFree TV compatibility. Imagine being able to play videos from not only the device's internal HD, but ALSO from across the Internet, streaming video from a file server or other device in your house?

Using my LocationFree TV, I can already watch cable TV or any of 400 DVDs (stored in a DVD changer), streamed from my house, anywhere I can get a network connection to the TV.

crazyjoeda

macrumors member
Oct 7, 2005
Vancouver
They can't make one that thin, there is no room for a powerful enough battery. A screen like that would drain the battery in 30min.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.