iPhone (iPhone 5S/6) - expensive iPhone, latest tech, aluminum, 4.7-inch Retina
iPhone mini (iPod Touch) - cheap iPhone, old tech, glass, 4-inch Retina
iWatch (iPod Nano)
32GB iPad 2 (iOS 7)
ajvizzgamer101 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 7, 2013, 01:05 PM   #2
kaielement
macrumors 6502a

iPhone and iPod touch are two different products I don't see this happing. I mean don't get me wrong apple my release a cheaper iPhone but it would be sperate from an iPod just my thoughts.
Old May 10, 2013, 12:00 AM   #3
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

I would say there is a possibility for them to drop ipod touch. Few people thought they would upgrade Ipod touch and release 5th gen. Now that Ipad mini is practically the same price and probably more popular, i dont know if there would be any refresh.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 07:39 AM   #4
Bear
macrumors G3

Quote:
Originally Posted by racoonboy View Post
I would say there is a possibility for them to drop ipod touch. Few people thought they would upgrade Ipod touch and release 5th gen. Now that Ipad mini is practically the same price and probably more popular, i dont know if there would be any refresh.
I think there would be. the iPod Touch is still a pocket size device and that matters for some people. Parents will buy them for their children that they don't think are old enough for a cell phone yet.

And as we've seen in other threads, there are people with both iPhones and iPod touches in active use.

The iPad mini might steal some sales from the iPod Touch, but not enough to damage the viability of the iPod touch as a product. After all, the iPod Classic is still around.
Old May 10, 2013, 07:45 AM   #5
ideal.dreams
macrumors 68000

What is it with people and their love for larger screens? If you want a phone so uncomfortable that you can't use it, I have a rotary phone sitting in my basement somewhere if you'd wanna give that a try. What makes you think that Apple will be upping the screen size? Steve Jobs made it very clear that he wanted the iPhone to remain operable with only one hand, and he also had influence in years worth of product development before he passed.

As far as the iPod goes, I don't think it's going anywhere.
ideal.dreams is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 09:08 PM   #6
E.Lizardo
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvizzgamer101 View Post
iPhone (iPhone 5S/6) - expensive iPhone, latest tech, aluminum, 4.7-inch Retina
iPhone mini (iPod Touch) - cheap iPhone, old tech, glass, 4-inch Retina
iWatch (iPod Nano)
Unlikely.iPod good for kids and people who just want a cheap prepaid phone.No monthly charge to use an iPod.And we don't know if this watch will act as a stand alone device.
Old May 10, 2013, 10:50 PM   #7
johnnnw
macrumors 6502a

Nope. No way.
There is a massive market for people who want iPod Touches and have other phones/too young for a phone.

If anything the Nano will disappear. But also unlikely.
johnnnw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2013, 10:53 AM   #8
chekz0414
macrumors 6502

I don't think the iPod touch will be retired, (At least not for now) The iPod touch is being promoted right now as a camera and most fun device for those without an iPhone. The iPad mini doesn't have the camera flash that iPod touch has, and it also is lacking the colors, I think that as time goes on, iPod touch will gain a new capacity, 128GB, and the iPod Classic will be retired, While iPod touch and iPad mini will have the same release schedule, in which both have the same type of internals, which are behind the iPad and iPhone perspectively.
chekz0414 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2013, 11:44 PM   #9
racoonboy
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnnw View Post
Nope. No way.
There is a massive market for people who want iPod Touches and have other phones/too young for a phone.

If anything the Nano will disappear. But also unlikely.

Agreed that Ipod touches are for kids too young for a phone. But at the price they sell today cheapest one start at 299. Which one would they choose, i mean its the parent who actually paid for the device so i believe Kids these days can handle a light 8 inches mini.

Unless, unless Touch 16 GB is released. Regards to nano comment, i think they should drop it if they dont want to include wifi on the thing. Its just stupid for a USD 150 mp3 players that you can't download purchased songs over the air.
racoonboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 15, 2013, 08:13 PM   #10
pod5g
macrumors regular

Um...fine buddy.
pod5g is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch