Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chodite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Baltimore, MD
Looking for something on my S4 that does exactly what Reminders does on iOS. That app basically ran my life (bad short term memory here!) and I can't find find anything that mirrors its functionality on Android. I need push notifications/alerts (ON MY LOCK SCREEN!) and I'd like if all of my reminders were also backed up to the cloud.

Any suggestions?

appledes7

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2011
Tasks. It even supports using Google Now's "Note to self..." to make a new task. Plus its UI is clean and fairly intuitive.

However, I still have not found anything as good as reminders. So it may not work exactly as reminders, but it is the best I have found so far.

Also look at DashClock for lockscreen notifications.

Chodite

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Baltimore, MD
You try Wunderlist?

Just installed. Thanks!

----------

Tasks. It even supports using Google Now's "Note to self..." to make a new task. Plus its UI is clean and fairly intuitive.

However, I still have not found anything as good as reminders. So it may not work exactly as reminders, but it is the best I have found so far.

Also look at DashClock for lockscreen notifications.

I'll check these out as well. Thank you

paulsalter

macrumors 68000
Aug 10, 2008
UK
I quite like Any.DO

If you use Chrome it also has an extension for it so reminders are there (but it works fine without this)

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
I just say "remind me to do this on X day at X time"....google now creates an alarm that reminds me. Otherwise I use Keep for notes that is supported by google now as well.

slu

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2004
Buffalo
As a new Android user, I just want to say that this was a very helpful thread.

AppleAlfred

macrumors member
Nov 23, 2012
Canada
Any Do. It even puts a notification in your notification centre, not sure about lock screen but I love it overall. It's very simple and supports voice, has nice widgets, etc... can't say enough good about it.

Sylon

macrumors 68020
Feb 26, 2012
Michigan/Ohio, USA
Astrid Tasks

I couldn't tell you why I picked Astrid over the other ones, maybe it was featured one day and I went with it. Either way, I recommend it. It does have cloud connectivity to other android devices running it, homescreen and lock screen widgets (homescreen definitely, somewhat positive on the lockscreen part). It helped remind me of all the reoccuring tasks I had to do after my eye surgey, like taking drops/meds and stuff. It even logs when changes are made if you have to reference something you did in the past. Also, the notification alert in your notification dropdown won't go away until you either complete the task in the app, or change the time on it. You can also record audio if you want to say the reminder or whatever it is.

And, it's free.

http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.timsu.astrid

Lloydbm41

Suspended
Oct 17, 2013
Central California
Looking for something on my S4 that does exactly what Reminders does on iOS. That app basically ran my life (bad short term memory here!) and I can't find find anything that mirrors its functionality on Android. I need push notifications/alerts (ON MY LOCK SCREEN!) and I'd like if all of my reminders were also backed up to the cloud.

Any suggestions?
Reminders is built into Google Now. You can have reminders set by time or geolocation. There isn't anything easier out there

jrodsep

macrumors 6502
Jun 29, 2010
After more than a year on Android I must say that Keep is better than anything out there

Todd B.

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2013
Do you have access to Reminders, still? If so, try out Sunrise Calendar. They have apps for both Android and Chrome and allow you to use your iCloud account (which brings in Reminders), too.

Todd B.

macrumors 6502
May 1, 2013
After more than a year on Android I must say that Keep is better than anything out there

I feel like Keep has fallen into the same categories as the other Google projects that come out and then quickly get forgotten, update wise.

It might be good but to say it's better than anything out there? That's a stretch....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.