Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Oct 28, 2005, 12:04 PM   #1
Taustin Powers
macrumors regular

Browsing by folder in iTunes?

I just switched to Mac, picked up my G5 iMac yesterday. (Loving it so far!)

My entire music collection is organized by folders.

artist\album\artist - song title.mp3

I kind of need it sorted this way, as it makes it easiest to browse on my mp3 player. (No I don't have an iPod and I don't want one.)

Is there any way to just browse by folder, as I don't have the album names in the file names or ID3 tags? I have only the artist and song title in the ID3 tags. Right now it is impossible for me to just select one album by an artist without creating a playlist, even though every album is in a separate folder.

And yes I know I could just update all the ID3 tags with the album titles, but that would be a lot of work that I wish to avoid.

Thanks for any input!
Taustin Powers is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store