Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland

Closed Thread

Old May 7, 2013, 07:09 PM   #1
aypues
macrumors member

Petition to White House re Facetime blocking by AT&T

I started a petition on the White House website calling for the FCC to enforce net neutrality laws that AT&T is currently breaking by blocking ONLY its unlimited customers' access to Facetime over cellular. Please help me to get as many votes as possible. I know a lot of people are affected by this.

Here is the link:
http://wh.gov/zvXN

Thanks
aypues is offline   0
Old May 7, 2013, 10:45 PM   #2
ctyrider
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by aypues View Post
I started a petition on the White House website calling for the FCC to enforce net neutrality laws that AT&T is currently breaking by blocking ONLY its unlimited customers' access to Facetime over cellular. Please help me to get as many votes as possible. I know a lot of people are affected by this.
I think you're fighting a losing battle. AT&T no longer supports or offers Unlimited data plans. Many people would find the practice of limiting bandwidth-intensive applications on grandfathered/unlimited plans quite reasonable.

You have many options of gaining FaceTime/3G support by switching to one of AT&T's current plans, or switching to another carrier. You are the one choosing to stay on grandfathered plan - you can live with the limitations or switch.
Old May 7, 2013, 10:59 PM   #3
ucfgrad93
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctyrider View Post
You have many options of gaining FaceTime/3G support by switching to one of AT&T's current plans, or switching to another carrier. You are the one choosing to stay on grandfathered plan - you can live with the limitations or switch.
Agreed, if want to FaceTime over 3G on AT&T you need to give up your unlimited plan.
ucfgrad93 is online now   0

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Archive > Wasteland