Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old May 8, 2013, 05:21 PM   #1
jpirog
macrumors newbie

iPod + Car Sound System

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I have a car sound system that allows iPods to be connected and it's able to display whatever is playing from the iPod on the screen of the car sound system display.

Other devices like android devices or any other usb plugged in devices don't work.

Is there a certain filesystem the other devices need to be to match up with how the iPod is connected? Or is it just a certain connection that the iPods have that allow that to be recognized by the sound system?

My intentions are to be able to connect any device to my sound system so it can play music regardless of what type of device.
jpirog is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2013, 08:34 PM   #2
hexonxonx
Banned

You will have to get a new stereo made to work with Android or simply use the AUX jack which won't allow the stereo to display the track info.

I checked about a year ago and saw one or two stereos that were made for Android, most are made for Apple.
hexonxonx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod