Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Old May 8, 2013, 08:14 PM   #1
-scott-
macrumors newbie

iCal Server forgets permissions, why??

Hi All,

So my iCal Server (on OS X Server 10.5) has started doing THE most frustrating thing: occasionally (about once a day), the server seems to pick one or two (of our ~15 users) and delete all of their delegates. This seems to happen repeatedly, intermittently, and without warning,

Normally, every user has "read only" delegate access to other's calendars, and this worked fine for months. But now the server has decided to start Culling delegation permissions.. averaging about one user per day.

I can manually add user permissions time and time again, but it's a very time-consuming workaround, and only getting more difficult as user numbers increase.

Any suggestions would be a huge help!

Thanks,

Scott
-scott- is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2013, 12:16 AM   #2
rlkarren
macrumors newbie

OS X 10.5 server was buggy, especially iCal. 10.5 was considered an interim release or even a pre-release of 10.6 by many. I remember my experiences with 10.5 were not always pleasant.

In all seriousness, I would consider an upgrade to 10.6 if you can. 10.6 web services were and still are much more stable and reliable.
rlkarren is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > Mac OS X Server, Xserve, and Networking

Tags
10.5.8, calendar, delegates, ical problem, server