Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old May 8, 2013, 10:06 PM   #1
GrayApple
macrumors member

Anyone Remember the Razer Switchblade?

http://www.razerzone.com/switchblade
Does anyone else remember the Switchblade? It was a seven-inch UMPC(remember those) that was supposed to be for gaming. It wasn't too well received. It had an Atom processor and used a touch screen instead of a trackpad. I was actually pretty excited about it. I loved the idea of handheld gaming with tripleA titles, but now it appears to be vapor ware. Was anyone else looking forward to it? Does anyone else even remember it?
Old May 9, 2013, 01:52 PM   #2
TedM
macrumors 6502

I don't even remember it. I do remember a handful of new mobile gaming platforms coming out, but as I remember they all dived not being able to compete with nintendo, sony, and apple.
Old May 9, 2013, 02:45 PM   #3
saturnotaku
macrumors 68000

http://www.razerzone.com/gaming-systems/razer-edge
saturnotaku is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2013, 06:35 PM   #4
jamesbarns
macrumors member

I actually completely forgot about that as well! I remember watching a few videos on it and was pretty excited about what I saw, but it's a shame that it didn't turn out to be all that great. Hopefully somebody will be able to come out with something worthwhile, the idea of it is fantastic!
jamesbarns is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 09:17 AM   #5
GrayApple
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesbarns View Post
I actually completely forgot about that as well! I remember watching a few videos on it and was pretty excited about what I saw, but it's a shame that it didn't turn out to be all that great. Hopefully somebody will be able to come out with something worthwhile, the idea of it is fantastic!
I actually have a renewed hope for this product. AMD announced their Temash chips, which look like they would be perfect for a system like this! Even Intel's new Baytrail chips(which have Ivy Bridge graphics) could be used for the light gaming I would expect on this system!
I'm hoping we'll see an announcement from Razer soon!

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Tags
atom, razer, switchblade, umpc, vapor