Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback

View Poll Results: Do you like all the lawsuit and sales figures etc. type stories dominating Macrumors?
I am tired of all those kind of stories, getting annoying. 26 49.06%
I wish they would be on a sidebar or able to unsubscribe to them. 15 28.30%
The site is great just the way it is. 18 33.96%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old May 9, 2013, 08:46 AM   #1
Pardus
macrumors newbie

I am so over all the sales figures and lawsuits type stories dominating MacRumors...

Macrumors has been my go to site for years, read it every morning. However, I am really getting sick and tired of all the lawsuit, sales figures and china production woes or whatever. I suppose if I was a shareholder I would care but I am not, I wonder what percentage here are. So many of the interesting stories are buried on the side bar or not here. I would love it if the right blue sidebar was Mac shareholder stories instead of More MacRumors Stories.

What do the site stats say, what type of stories are most people interested in? Maybe i just need to find a new site to read through with my morning coffee. What do other people read?
Pardus is offline   2 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2013, 10:36 AM   #2
GoCubsGo
macrumors Nehalem

In forum spy you can exclude certain sections. If you choose not to use forum spy then you can control where you point and click your mouse.

This information is as relevant to Apple as the next iPhone release.
Old May 12, 2013, 06:19 AM   #3
barkmonster
macrumors 68000

Wait for it. The iDevice owning shareholders are coming to cry about this topic

I completely agree, it's irrelevant, nothing resembling a rumour relating any new "Mac" hardware, new "Mac" software or "Mac" OS updates or even (and this is an "Apple" rumour, not a "Mac" one) any rumours of new iDevices, just blather about patent litigation or market share. You really have to dig deep for anything actually Mac related and when something does pop up, it's buried under a pile of articles, not rumours that read like a column belonging in the Financial Times within days.

The simple solution is to ignore any topics you find irrelevant but they really should be in a separate section from the Front Page and certainly shouldn't be included in Facebook updates.
Old May 12, 2013, 11:33 PM   #4
Koodauw
macrumors 68040

I do feel like there is to many page 1 articles now. I dearly I think 4-5 per day is enough, but I know they cant controll when news leaks out.

It's be nice if we each could customize what news showed up on the front page. I'd limits it actual iPhone and OS X updates. I'd sorta be like the good ole days.
Koodauw is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 07:06 AM   #5
Plutonius
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koodauw View Post
I'd sorta be like the good ole days.
The good ole days were not that great . You would be lucky to get a website update once / week and any new news was an event. Currently, it can get annoying but it's much better then the alternative. It's still much better to have the choice not to read something rather than not having anything there to read.
Plutonius is offline   3 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 04:22 PM   #6
arn
macrumors god

Send a message via AIM to arn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pardus View Post
Macrumors has been my go to site for years, read it every morning. However, I am really getting sick and tired of all the lawsuit, sales figures and china production woes or whatever. I suppose if I was a shareholder I would care but I am not, I wonder what percentage here are. So many of the interesting stories are buried on the side bar or not here. I would love it if the right blue sidebar was Mac shareholder stories instead of More MacRumors Stories.

What do the site stats say, what type of stories are most people interested in? Maybe i just need to find a new site to read through with my morning coffee. What do other people read?
Just curious, which recent sidebar stories do you think should have been front page stories?

(I know what you mean, I think when news is slow, the sales figures / lawsuit stuff is sort of what's left, which is unfortunate)

arn
arn is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 05:10 PM   #7
aerok
macrumors 65816

I don't see why people need to complain about this... Just ignore those posts. It is nearby impossible to find a blog/news site with only articles that pleases you completely. Personally, I find the lawsuits stories and the part leaks quite interesting, pretty sure other people find them interesting here.
Old May 14, 2013, 08:57 AM   #8
Pardus
macrumors newbie

switcharoo

Well can't remember what was on the sidebar the day of the post but all the "more" stories can be interesting to anyone and have a general interest.

I am sure that there is a segment of the audience interested in the financial, lawsuit side of apple but I am sure there are a lot, probably more that really don't care... ever. Maybe swap all the blue bar "more mac rumours" stories to the main and make the blue bar the financial/lawsuit/patent related items, the blue chip side bar.

I know I can just ignore them but for me, it's still annoying. This is the site feedback forum so thought I would throw in my 2 bits.
Pardus is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 23, 2013, 12:33 AM   #9
jozeppy26
macrumors 6502

Regardless, MacRumors does it best IMO. So much better here than that hot annoying mess over at 9to5mac (although I do wish MacRumors would have more weekend news).
jozeppy26 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 28, 2013, 02:17 PM   #10
ChazUK
macrumors 603

News is news. Keep it as it is I say.
Old May 31, 2013, 08:30 AM   #11
palmharbor
Banned

MacRumors >>>>Apple Rumors

Mac is a computer, 95% of the news is not Mac related.
The site needs to retitled Apple News....this is the defacto
Public Relations site for the Apple Corporation. Its clear.
To me its of no consequence what vendors serve Apple,
what production numbers are, etc.
Apple is a lucky company that has a free staff of people who
will do the job of their P.R. dept.
palmharbor is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 31, 2013, 08:49 AM   #12
OllyW

There is already an ongoing thread discussing the name of the site.

This website needs a name change..
OllyW is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Site and Forum Feedback