Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Old May 9, 2013, 11:26 AM   #1
samuraix98
macrumors newbie

QR code Software

Hello, I've been across the net searching and even testing a couple products but nothings done what I expect of if, I'm stumped...

I am a designer for a health care company in Atlanta, GA. I have a few questions about what sorts of QR code software is available out there? At this point I'd take software even avialabe on a Microsoft based machines as I'm sure I'll be able to use one if we find the correct software that suits our needs.

We're in need of QR code software that has the ability to import a contact list from an excel spreadsheet, one thats been set up to be compatible with a mecard output style. Possibly even outlook would work. Really anything where it has a large amount of already set piece of information and can spit out separate QR codes per each specified item. Preferably also with the ability to save the codes in PDF or EPS formats that are vector based.

We have a large campaign and need over 500 different contacts to each have their own specialized QR code with their special contact information (mecard) embedded within these codes, then have the ability to export it and place it on each individuals collateral.

If anyone knows of any software that would would able to accomplish these tasks I would truly appreciate the information. Price truly isn't a factor as if it's a fully realized piece of software we would be able to purchase the license.

Any help/info would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Enjoy.
Old May 10, 2013, 02:24 PM   #2
MisterMe
macrumors G4

You have a variety of options to generate QR codes on the Mac. At least one of these solutions is a free Safari extension. You may find lists of most of these solutions here and there.
MisterMe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 13, 2013, 09:36 PM   #3
MDARFUS
macrumors newbie

QR Code creation

Contact your local commercial printing company or mailing house. If they have digital press equipment, they will probably be into variable data printing. They can probably prepare the QR codes and supply you back the PDFs of EPSs that your looking for, at a minimal cost, using variable data software like FusionPro VDP Creator (www.pti.com)... or you could try it yourself.

FusionPro would be overkill for your needs, but it could definitely do what you want done. There is probably a simpler software solution that could be used, but I use FusionPro, so that's how I'd do it.
MDARFUS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2013, 05:54 AM   #4
mkjj
macrumors 6502a

http://qrcode.littleidiot.be
Old May 15, 2013, 04:40 PM   #5
abcbcd
macrumors newbie

Really helpful: http://parislemon.com/image/47518003312

Nobody knows what qr codes are for/how to scan them.

----------

See also: http://picturesofpeoplescanningqrcodes.tumblr.com/
abcbcd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2013, 11:11 AM   #6
Toppa G's
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDARFUS View Post
Contact your local commercial printing company or mailing house. If they have digital press equipment, they will probably be into variable data printing. They can probably prepare the QR codes and supply you back the PDFs of EPSs that your looking for, at a minimal cost, using variable data software like FusionPro VDP Creator (www.pti.com)... or you could try it yourself.

FusionPro would be overkill for your needs, but it could definitely do what you want done. There is probably a simpler software solution that could be used, but I use FusionPro, so that's how I'd do it.
We use FusionPro as well and that's what I was thinking.

However, i did find this site that seems to do what you're looking for, 100 codes at a time...except it might not do mecards.
Old May 30, 2013, 04:30 PM   #7
mvives
macrumors newbie

My company has worked with Scanlife (www.scanlife.com), and they are able to do pretty much anything you need.
mvives is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 15, 2013, 11:35 PM   #8
neutrino23
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkjj View Post
This worked well. I also found that QRReader on my iPhone can create QR codes. Would be a pain to create a bunch.
neutrino23 is offline   1 Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2013, 08:06 PM   #9
beverlylarsen
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutrino23 View Post
This worked well. I also found that QRReader on my iPhone can create QR codes. Would be a pain to create a bunch.
What app is that? I haven't used any like that, capable of generating and reading QR codes both. It'll be much appreciated if you share. Thanks in advance.
Old May 28, 2014, 02:55 AM   #10
superscape
macrumors regular

Hi,

A QR code? Really? Is it 2004 again? ;-)

There are plenty of apps on the Mac App Store (my solution below is *not* one of them). Personally I think they're faddy and there's usually a better solution to whatever problem their usage is trying to solve, but that's just my opinion.

Go hunt around on the app store, there's plenty for you there.
superscape is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Visual Media > Design and Graphics

Tags
mail merge, mass production, qr code, qr code software