Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rossatron

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
i did a search before asking, but didn't find what i was looking for.
is there a good app for managing personal budget for mac?
my needs are as following:

ability to define income, and what part of that income is a monthly budged (say i make $500 a month, I want to set $100 to be the overall budget for that month), and also break down that budget into sub-budgets (say from those $100, i want $20 for gas, $10 for rent and such) and of course register what i actually spent from said budgets.

also i would like it to have some sort of savings account management, so i can track it, and managing 'saving goals'.

i saw that "Money" was recommended, but the help section / guid on there website is a bit lacking in info (and written kinda strange).

what other good options are available?

Last edited:

johnnnw

macrumors 65816
Feb 7, 2013
I use "Mint" all the time.

It's wonderful, and free.

You can set budgets and all that stuff.

Rossatron

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Snowmint's "Budget" software would seem to fit your needs.

Thanks, ill have a look into it

I use "Mint" all the time.

It's wonderful, and free.

You can set budgets and all that stuff.

Mint is nice, but I can't use a lot of its features (pay directly from it or import bank accounts. Those things aren't available here).

How's Koku? It looks nice, and has some favorable reviews

Gregg2

macrumors 604
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
I maintain that Numbers or Excel is the best personal budget managing software. They add and subtract the figures that I want them to. I've set up my own customized spreadsheets to do what I need. I would never find an app that someone else developed that would meet all of my specific requirements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.