Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old May 9, 2013, 12:38 PM   #1
Ritte
macrumors member

Only keep keep last backup from time-machine.

I just bought an external HDD, I already have one for TM.
Can I take the folder of the last backup and put it the new external drive which I will be using for new backups, just for safety reasons?

Will that include all the files from latest backup? Because it seems a little too small.
Ritte is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 9, 2013, 01:16 PM   #2
Bear
macrumors G3

If you really don't care about the older backups, I recommend just starting with a full backup on to the new disk.

I know it will take time, but will not take much more time than copying from one disk to another. And while it's easy to copy a whole time machine disk, it's a bit more complicated just to copy the latest backup.

Also, I would recommend just putting the old disk on a shelf for at least a week just to make sure the new disk is working okay.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 03:59 PM   #3
umbilical
macrumors 6502a

I have the same question, I just need ONE backup, Im sick to erase old backups and do a backup again! time machine suucks in option, very limited! any other soft?
umbilical is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 29, 2013, 06:22 PM   #4
old-wiz
macrumors 604

why not just use superduper or CCC and do inremental udate?
old-wiz is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion