Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

accorn

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Nov 18, 2011
My MacBook Air got splashed with some water and now part of the screen is fuzzy on the left side, this just happened and I have shut it off and plan on it staying off for a couple days but nothing else seems affected.

I have AppleCare but don't think they would cover this- what should I do?

SMDBill

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2013
Leave turned off. Put into container (like a storage bin) with some dessicant if you can find some at a local store (absorbs moisture from the air). Just make sure the dessicant does not actually come into contact with the computer. It'll just absorb any moisture that may reside in the laptop as it evaporates into the air.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
Leave turned off. Put into container (like a storage bin) with some dessicant if you can find some at a local store (absorbs moisture from the air). Just make sure the dessicant does not actually come into contact with the computer. It'll just absorb any moisture that may reside in the laptop as it evaporates into the air.

Use rice. Easier to find.

rknell

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013
Did it help??????!!!

Hi,

Just had exactly the same thing happen to mine, was using it while cooking and a drip of water landed on the screen, now its fuzzy down the left hand side.

Did anything you try work????

sumirantandon

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2014
Solution?

Hey guys,
Same just happened with my screen. When I adjusted the screen angle, it went away. Flickering coloured lines on right side of my screen.

HELP! I am freaking out. I don't have it on warranty. More than that my Mac Air is my work life.

rknell

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2013
Hey guys,
Same just happened with my screen. When I adjusted the screen angle, it went away. Flickering coloured lines on right side of my screen.

HELP! I am freaking out. I don't have it on warranty. More than that my Mac Air is my work life.

Hi Mate,

I'm sad to say, my problem got worse as time wen't along. I tried everything from switching it off for two weeks, leaving rice on the keyboard to try and remove any moisture etc.

In your case though it might be a little bit different, if adjusting the screen angle actually helps (its not just luck/coincidence) then you probably have a dodgy connection which might be a lot more fixable by a competent IT repair person. Or if you are game, I would look up a screen replacement manual on youtube / iFixIT and just follow the steps to see if something is loose.

Sorry about the bad news.

sumirantandon

macrumors newbie
Oct 2, 2014
Hi Mate,

I'm sad to say, my problem got worse as time wen't along. I tried everything from switching it off for two weeks, leaving rice on the keyboard to try and remove any moisture etc.

In your case though it might be a little bit different, if adjusting the screen angle actually helps (its not just luck/coincidence) then you probably have a dodgy connection which might be a lot more fixable by a competent IT repair person. Or if you are game, I would look up a screen replacement manual on youtube / iFixIT and just follow the steps to see if something is loose.

Sorry about the bad news.

I'm sorry your problem worsened :(

It's happening again and again while I'm replying to you even now. Can feel my heart beating in my mouth. I'd be grateful if you could look up something on iFixIT, maybe I can try mending it. If we aren't able to find something feasible then I will try taking it to some IT proff. here.

Thanks for your assistance. Much appreciated.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.