Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WeeShoo

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 7, 2005
North Carolina
Just got my 30GB Black iPod and am a little concerned.

- I can hear the iPod's HD spin up without putting my ear up to it.

- I notice little hairline scratches, but none on the screen, I can only see them when the lighting is right

- If im looking at the iPod when its laying flat, and my eyes are level with it, i notice that the clickwheel is coming up about 1mm higher than the other side.

Should I bring it back to where I purchased it and get a new one, but keep the plastic on it and risk the not knowing if the unit has hardware/software problems (because I wont open it)

Thanks,

WeeShoo

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
WeeShoo said:
I can hear the iPod's HD spin up without putting my ear up to it.
My white 30 GB 5G "pings" softly, but audibly, when I connect or disconnect it for a sync. Sounds like the HD heads parking/unparking.

So far, I have left the plastic on, and usually keep in the provided case. I expect to receive my Martin Fields screen protector tonight or tomorrow at which point I can finally remove the plastic.

B

iHateWindows

macrumors 6502
May 11, 2005
Yes. If you notice anything wrong with it in the first few days, no matter how small it is, you should get it replaced.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.