Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion

Old May 10, 2013, 01:51 PM   #1
estockme
macrumors regular

is apple abandoning dashboard widgets?

I'm always shocked at how few there are... for example i cannot find one SIMPLE timer widget. i cannot put notes or reminders there, pretty much the only way i would actually find them useful.

maybe they are going to update the widget system along with something similar in ios7? otherwise i would like someone to make a new widget or just tell me where i can find ones that work.
estockme is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 02:07 PM   #2
w0lf
macrumors 6502a

http://www.apple.com/downloads/dashb.../teatimer.html

?
w0lf is online now   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 10, 2013, 02:16 PM   #3
smokeyrabbit
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by estockme View Post
I'm always shocked at how few there are... for example i cannot find one SIMPLE timer widget. i cannot put notes or reminders there, pretty much the only way i would actually find them useful.

maybe they are going to update the widget system along with something similar in ios7? otherwise i would like someone to make a new widget or just tell me where i can find ones that work.
Searching for timer widget on the apple.com website gives me many timer widgets.

Do you want to put notes or reminders on the timer?

A further minute of searching gives me 10KeyTimer, which you can set for any number of minutes or seconds and uses Growl to notify you.

You can browse Apple's Dashboard Widgets here.

Edit: There's also a plethora of cheap and free timers on the App Store. MenuTimer is a free one that goes in the, you guessed it, menu bar.

Last edited by smokeyrabbit; May 10, 2013 at 02:22 PM.
smokeyrabbit is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > OS X > OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion