Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

estockme

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
I'm always shocked at how few there are... for example i cannot find one SIMPLE timer widget. i cannot put notes or reminders there, pretty much the only way i would actually find them useful.

maybe they are going to update the widget system along with something similar in ios7? otherwise i would like someone to make a new widget or just tell me where i can find ones that work.

smokeyrabbit

macrumors 6502
May 19, 2005
Escape from New England
I'm always shocked at how few there are... for example i cannot find one SIMPLE timer widget. i cannot put notes or reminders there, pretty much the only way i would actually find them useful.

maybe they are going to update the widget system along with something similar in ios7? otherwise i would like someone to make a new widget or just tell me where i can find ones that work.

Searching for timer widget on the apple.com website gives me many timer widgets.

Do you want to put notes or reminders on the timer?

A further minute of searching gives me 10KeyTimer, which you can set for any number of minutes or seconds and uses Growl to notify you.

You can browse Apple's Dashboard Widgets here.

Edit: There's also a plethora of cheap and free timers on the App Store. MenuTimer is a free one that goes in the, you guessed it, menu bar.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.