Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

missygal

Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Oregon
I have received this twice and wonder if anyone knows what it is...

Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 290

Izaiah

macrumors regular
Apr 12, 2013
FL
Weird. All I know is Equifax is one of the "Big 3" credit reporting agencies.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
it looks like the phone is being set up though some company server, kinda the way blackberry devices are set up through enterprise software.

looks like this menu is being sent to the phone via IMEI or something, as if a worker for Equifax needs to view sensitive internal information, therefore these are the security certificates sent to the phone from company servers.

dictoresno

macrumors 601
Apr 30, 2012
NJ
That's the screen that comes up when you connect to an enterprise network, that requires a certificate on the device.

lol like i said, however everyone else ignored me and continued to be mystified by this simple explanation.

OP, is your phone used?

missygal

Original poster
Jul 5, 2010
Oregon
lol like i said, however everyone else ignored me and continued to be mystified by this simple explanation.

OP, is your phone used?

I saw your post but don't really understand it. My phone was bought new never had this message until a couple weeks ago. Nothing new done to it!

TwistedPain

macrumors member
Apr 28, 2011
Blue Springs, MO
it looks like the phone is being set up though some company server, kinda the way blackberry devices are set up through enterprise software.

looks like this menu is being sent to the phone via IMEI or something, as if a worker for Equifax needs to view sensitive internal information, therefore these are the security certificates sent to the phone from company servers.

I think Doctoresno is on track here. I totally didn't see this post originally. You probably have an exchange server email setup that must have recently changed their certificates or something along that line.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.