Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lowresolution

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2013
Hi Guys ,
I bought an Iphone 4s today . Its my first IOS device . The phone is on IOS 6.0.1 which is jail breakable . Now when i am trying to Jail Break it using the evasion tool it says that i`ll have to Uncheck the " encrypt backup" option . Now the problem is that i am not aware of the password to that , neither can i reset the phone because it has a passcode . The guy whom i bought this also does not know the passcode as well .

Now i searched over at the internet , and found that i`ll have to download the firmware 6.0.1( which i did ) , put the phone in DFU mode , and then restore it using the downloaded firmware with itunes . Now i did all the stuff , but when i was about to press restore , itunes said that it`ll varify the restore with apple ? . I pressed cancel then . I also read somewhere about the apple signing issues or something ?

should i go ahead and restore it using the downloaded firmware ? quick help would be great !

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
Hi Guys ,
I bought an Iphone 4s today . Its my first IOS device . The phone is on IOS 6.0.1 which is jail breakable . Now when i am trying to Jail Break it using the evasion tool it says that i`ll have to Uncheck the " encrypt backup" option . Now the problem is that i am not aware of the password to that , neither can i reset the phone because it has a passcode . The guy whom i bought this also does not know the passcode as well .

Now i searched over at the internet , and found that i`ll have to download the firmware 6.0.1( which i did ) , put the phone in DFU mode , and then restore it using the downloaded firmware with itunes . Now i did all the stuff , but when i was about to press restore , itunes said that it`ll varify the restore with apple ? . I pressed cancel then . I also read somewhere about the apple signing issues or something ?

should i go ahead and restore it using the downloaded firmware ? quick help would be great !

Unfortunately, the only version you can restore to right now is 6.1.3 which is not jailbreakable

lowresolution

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2013
So i am out of options :( , is there another way ? . I don`t mind if i am unable to reset this . I just want this to be jail breaked , the evasion tool is asking me to uncheck the encrypt backup option , and when i try that it asks for a password .

Is there any other way to jailbreak ?

lowresolution

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2013
Not possible. You can either update to 6.1.3 or leave as it currently is. There is no way to update to anything other than the most current iOS.

thanks for the clarification mate . is there a way to recover the passcode ? evasion is asking to uncheck the encrypt bakcup option , but when i do so itunes asks for a password :( . Thats where i am stuck .

lowresolution

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2013
Sounds legit.

The phone came with its original box , accessories etc . So i am sure its not stolen :) . His sister used it then gave it to him . Now neither the sister nor him knows the passcode and i was the innocent goat who bought it :D

lowresolution

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 12, 2013
Some one please help me out here :S

I finally decided to ditch 6.0.1 and decided to go with the 6.1.3 update ! . I downloaded an ipsw file for the 4s ( 6.1.3) itunes extracted and then gave 1394 error :S

I then tried updating with Itunes update software option ...it downloaded again and gave the error again :S

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.