Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old May 12, 2013, 10:53 PM   #1
Steve0492
macrumors newbie

Unable To Connect To Network

Hello,

I running Macbook on 10.7.5. Our internet provider came the other day and and switched out our router and switch due to connection issues we were having. It turns out that the max number of connections for our apartment of 5 was set at 4. He changed it to unlimited, but also replaced the router and switch.

The internet is working swimmingly for everyone else in the house. I also happen to be the only Mac user. Immediately after I try to connect to the new network, I receive the following error:

Could not join "501"
A connection timout occurred.

I have not once been able to join this network. My Iphone and all of my roommates' mobile devices are having no issues connection.

I know you probably need more information, and I am glad to provide it. I am new to this sort of thing and don't really know what is pertinent. Thanks in advance for your time!

Steve
Steve0492 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help