Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Hello,

I recently got an email from one of my client with some photoshop files in it. It was part of a job I'm doing so I open them. After that I've been noticing the computer working weird and slow. When I say weird is that Photoshop is acting kind of strange when selecting one window to another. Sometimes I can't select the other opened window and have to click the desktop and then the photoshop window to make it work. That's the weird thing. Overall the computer is kind of slow too... all that happened after I opened those photoshop files so... Can you get a virus from a Photoshop file?

Thanks

Nov 28, 2010
located
If you use Windows, you might, but if you use Mac OS X, then currently no. Even other malware affecting Mac OS X is not circulated via PSD files.

If you want to enhance the performance of your Mac, be sure to check these two articles, do not just use applications, that promise to do it for you.

Currently there are zero viruses affecting Mac OS X in public circulation, but there are other kinds of malware existing, that can infect your Mac, but that can be avoided via employing the proper security steps without the help of any anti virus software.
To learn more about malware in Mac OS X and what steps can be taken to protect yourself, read the following F.A.Q.:

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
If you use Windows, you might, but if you use Mac OS X, then currently no. Even other malware affecting Mac OS X is not circulated via PSD files.

If you want to enhance the performance of your Mac, be sure to check these two articles, do not just use applications, that promise to do it for you.

Currently there are zero viruses affecting Mac OS X in public circulation, but there are other kinds of malware existing, that can infect your Mac, but that can be avoided via employing the proper security steps without the help of any anti virus software.
To learn more about malware in Mac OS X and what steps can be taken to protect yourself, read the following F.A.Q.:

wow thanks... I'm gonna read those links.

Rover110

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2012
Surrey, UK
Mouse batteries

It could just be a coincidence, and the real reason your computer feels slow is that your mouse batteries are going flat!
Apologies if you've already checked such things.

Sdahe

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2007
San Juan, PR
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.