Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old May 14, 2013, 12:10 AM   #1
CarsonS
macrumors newbie

imessage screen goes blank and freezes - wife not happy!

Hi
My wife has had an ipod touch for a couple of years and has never had any problems with imessage until we she got an iphone 4s. The imessage on the phone would go blank and lock up - I was able to fix that problem by restoring with itunes (so far so good) - now her trusty ipod is doing the same thing - but I can't fix - I have tried EVERYTHING. Sometimes after a reset I will see a text from my son with a bunch of ant symbols that he sent a few months ago from my phone, but can't open it - very wierd. Her iphone and ipod are on the same apple account. I got an iphone 4s at the same time and never have had any problems - it used to be on the same account but now is on a different one. Could it be problems coming from her account? Is the text my son sent a few months ago with all the ant symbols screwing things up? (how do I get rid of it - just incase?) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Wife is ready to throw both out the window.
Thanks much
CarsonS is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2013, 02:21 AM   #2
Zmanbaseball2
macrumors 68040

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarsonS View Post
Hi
My wife has had an ipod touch for a couple of years and has never had any problems with imessage until we she got an iphone 4s. The imessage on the phone would go blank and lock up - I was able to fix that problem by restoring with itunes (so far so good) - now her trusty ipod is doing the same thing - but I can't fix - I have tried EVERYTHING. Sometimes after a reset I will see a text from my son with a bunch of ant symbols that he sent a few months ago from my phone, but can't open it - very wierd. Her iphone and ipod are on the same apple account. I got an iphone 4s at the same time and never have had any problems - it used to be on the same account but now is on a different one. Could it be problems coming from her account? Is the text my son sent a few months ago with all the ant symbols screwing things up? (how do I get rid of it - just incase?) Any help would be greatly appreciated. Wife is ready to throw both out the window.
Thanks much
If the ant symbols are emoji symbols then that could be causing the problem. Old slow devices that receive long emoji filled messages are likely lock up the messages app for idk how long.

Sent from my iPod touch 5G using Tapatalk 2
Old May 14, 2013, 08:34 AM   #3
CarsonS
macrumors newbie

Thanks - they were emoji symbols - lots I think - How do I get rid of that old text?

- Don't think it can be a bad apple account as I switched the ipod to my apple account and it didn't change anything.
Old May 14, 2013, 09:04 AM   #4
CarsonS
macrumors newbie

It must be that text with the ants that my son sent - I reset the ipod with itunes and put my apple account in first - everything is fine. - How do I clean off that email from my wife's account?
Thanks much

Last edited by CarsonS; May 14, 2013 at 12:21 PM.

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch