Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Killwin98

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
Hello,
I have iphone 4 with 5.0.1 (9A405), and I would like to upgrade to 6.1.2. I downloaded the official firmware iPhone3,1_6.1.2_10B146_Restore
but normal shift+restore in itunes didn't work. I tried in DFU mode, but it didn't work either. I got error 3194, so I tried to edit the host file (added 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com, restarted my computer, and when that didn't work I added # before that line and restarted, but that didn't work either).
I also tried totally removing the host file from that folder temporarily, and disabled my internet connection, but no success either.
I downloaded tinyumbrella, activated the server, and this time I bypassed apple's server check, but then I got error 1600!
I tried to solve that with iReb, PWNED DFU, but it didn't work (with or without tinyumbrella's server running)...

clearly I searched a lot, but that's all I could find. what is the next step to update it to 6.1.2 (it's an unlocked phone, so I don't care about the BB).

Thanks!

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Hello,
I have iphone 4 with 5.0.1 (9A405), and I would like to upgrade to 6.1.2. I downloaded the official firmware iPhone3,1_6.1.2_10B146_Restore
but normal shift+restore in itunes didn't work. I tried in DFU mode, but it didn't work either. I got error 3194, so I tried to edit the host file (added 74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com, restarted my computer, and when that didn't work I added # before that line and restarted, but that didn't work either).
I also tried totally removing the host file from that folder temporarily, and disabled my internet connection, but no success either.
I downloaded tinyumbrella, activated the server, and this time I bypassed apple's server check, but then I got error 1600!
I tried to solve that with iReb, PWNED DFU, but it didn't work (with or without tinyumbrella's server running)...

clearly I searched a lot, but that's all I could find. what is the next step to update it to 6.1.2 (it's an unlocked phone, so I don't care about the BB).

Thanks!

Apple is no longer singing 6.1.2.

darricksailo

macrumors 601
Dec 18, 2012
You NEED SHSH blobs, if you don't have them, there is no way to restore to 6.1.2. And for iOS 6, you need valid blobs (meaning blobs that you manually saved yourself; cydia auto saved ones are incomplete)

Killwin98

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
You NEED SHSH blobs, if you don't have them, there is no way to restore to 6.1.2. And for iOS 6, you need valid blobs (meaning blobs that you manually saved yourself; cydia auto saved ones are incomplete)

How could I save it manually if I didn't upgrade yet to 6.1.2? There is no way to download blobs from somewhere that would match my iphone?

Is there any other way I could upgrade to iphone, if not to 6.1.2 at least to 6.0 or 6.1?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
You don't have to be on the specific ios to save the blobs, only requirement is that it needs to be actively signed. You can use timyumbrella, ifaith or redsn0w to save them manually.

If you don't have the blobs now, you can try to get them with ifaith on your IP 4.

Try doing some more research yourself, that works better then posting new questions, answers can be found here(search function) or google.

Killwin98

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 24, 2013
You don't have to be on the specific ios to save the blobs, only requirement is that it needs to be actively signed. You can use timyumbrella, ifaith or redsn0w to save them manually.

If you don't have the blobs now, you can try to get them with ifaith on your IP 4.

Try doing some more research yourself, that works better then posting new questions, answers can be found here(search function) or google.

I searched a lot before posting. What I could find is that I can have the blobs of the version I'm in, or apple's newest firmware (which is 6.1.4), and iFaith would save 6.1.2 blob only if that was the latest version.

What else can I do?

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
Nothing, stay on 5.01 and wait for the ios7 jailbreak (if it comes) or upgrade to 6.1.3 and loose your JB.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.