Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ezryder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2013
I have run into a problem with connecting to ATT data with my iPhone4S.
I thought all was good after Net10 activated my phone. I didn't realize I had a problem until three days after I thought things were ok.

That was because I have WI/FI in my home, and I didn't realize I had a problem. First time out of range of my WiFi connection I discovered I had no connection to the internet even though my iPhone showed 4G in the upper left corner. Screen note said I was not subscribed to the service.

I chased down Net10's help page and it gave me an address that I could use to "unlock" my data service by downloading the site information. So that's what I did. And it appeared that it was a successful download.

But that was not the case. I still have no data service even though my signal strength readings shows strong signals in my area.

I followed the instructions they gave to download the required data to my iPhone.
And according to my return readout, the necessary information was recorded to my iPhone.
But that made no difference. I still have no connection to the data service that I have paid for.

I'm hoping that someone can guide me through the required steps to get my data service delivered to me from ATT through my Net10 unlimited service contact that I've already paid for.

Thanks for any help!

I would sure appreciate some help with my problem as I'm basically a "newbie" that Is totally lost in space at this point.

Regards,
George

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Basically what you are missing is the correct APN profile. NET10's download should had set this up for you. Did you run or install it?

When things are correct you go: Setting -> General ->

and there should be a Profile NET10 toward the bottom. Don't see this means the configuration/install did not occur.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
I have run into a problem with connecting to ATT data with my iPhone4S.
I thought all was good after Net10 activated my phone. I didn't realize I had a problem until three days after I thought things were ok.

That was because I have WI/FI in my home, and I didn't realize I had a problem. First time out of range of my WiFi connection I discovered I had no connection to the internet even though my iPhone showed 4G in the upper left corner. Screen note said I was not subscribed to the service.

I chased down Net10's help page and it gave me an address that I could use to "unlock" my data service by downloading the site information. So that's what I did. And it appeared that it was a successful download.

But that was not the case. I still have no data service even though my signal strength readings shows strong signals in my area.

I followed the instructions they gave to download the required data to my iPhone.
And according to my return readout, the necessary information was recorded to my iPhone.
But that made no difference. I still have no connection to the data service that I have paid for.

I'm hoping that someone can guide me through the required steps to get my data service delivered to me from ATT through my Net10 unlimited service contact that I've already paid for.

Thanks for any help!

I would sure appreciate some help with my problem as I'm basically a "newbie" that Is totally lost in space at this point.

Regards,
George

Why didn't you call customer service?

Mrbobb

macrumors 603
Aug 27, 2012
Those are the settings I used setting up someone's iphone 4. I had to jailbreak the phone to enter the info, since it wasn't an unlocked phone using tetherme.

NET10 is an AT&T MVNO, no unlocking required.

jjx360

macrumors newbie
Apr 14, 2013
NET10 is an AT&T MVNO, no unlocking required.

For full functionality such as mms or in this case data issues, it has to be unlocked to input extra settings. Any att or att mvno sim card locks the cellular data settings and downloading a profile won't work either.

ezryder

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 3, 2013
Thanks to everyone for the assistance.
I'm now up and running and a "happy camper"!
Regards,
George

Jclavs

macrumors newbie
Jul 13, 2013
Hey George,

I'm having the exact same problem as you and downloaded the APN and that doesn't seem to be working. How did you get your IPhone working? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.