Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mpro62

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2010
I just got a new iMac Late 2012 27 inch and testing the hardware for any possible issues. So far, looks impressive. No fan noise (haven't ran any heavy duty stuff yet) or any other issues. One thing I wanted confirm is to check the backlighting and how good or bad it is. Can somebody explain a newbie on how to check for backlight bleeding?. I have time thru tomorrow when the 14 day return/replacement ends.

I also read other threads that talk about this issue and also saw the images posted but couldn't figure out how to check it myself. I do have a iPhone 4S for taking pictures of the LCD.

Please help.

rockmassif

macrumors newbie
May 9, 2013
If it hasn't bothered you until today and you have used your mac in everything you usually do without noticing it then it's probably ok.

check this thread as you could find many information
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1518094/

In summary check out for the corners, especially the lower ones, while you are watching a movie with dark brightness scenes or when playing a game with dark environment if you do. If there is an annoying light covering the corners or another edge of the screen with then there is some cloud. Don't try to find in a total dark room. Better in a low light.

But not freak out and exaggerate. For me an annoying bleeding, the one i have, is recognized quickly. I have found out that the bleeding becomes a problem when it its not spreading like a cloud in the corners or wherever it is but by coming from a single point at the edge of the screen.

Anyway the above thread has many information. I hope your mac is ok.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.