Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
Do apps in iOS 6 not "clean" themselves anymore? I know before when the cache of an app would get really high it would show cleaning under it. I havent seen that on iOS 6 and much instagram is up to 1.2GB now. I know I can delete that app but thats annoying.

buysp

macrumors 6502
Feb 12, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Do apps in iOS 6 not "clean" themselves anymore? I know before when the cache of an app would get really high it would show cleaning under it. I havent seen that on iOS 6 and much instagram is up to 1.2GB now. I know I can delete that app but thats annoying.

Apple to App, you're cleaning it the wrong way LOL :)

jgalan14

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
Yeah is annoying as hell :/ , I hope we get a clear cache button cause is getting ridiculous to delete app every month :(

moldy lunchbox

macrumors 6502a
Sep 9, 2010
Sunny California
My instagram hit 1.5gb too once, i had to take a screenshot cus i didn't believe it. Why is iOS not clearing these caches? I wish this were a more commonly known issue so Apple would address it. As for now I use iCleaner about once a month, when i only had 16gb I used to delete and re-install my apps to clear the cache like every week. Android has a button to clear it, iOS should too.

Italianblend

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2011
Fatima
What is this all about? I thought he awesomeness of apple is that the apps automatically dump memory when the current app needs it. Explain for us non techies please and thank you.

nightstalkerz

macrumors 6502
May 9, 2013
I've seent his happen as well with other apps but it's nothing to worry about.

It seems when you run low on space, iOS automatically deletes things from the cache.

It might also clean it when you restart your device.

adam044

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jan 24, 2012
Boston
I downloaded a program called phoneclean. It's free just search google, it deletes all the cached information from apps. I was a little scared at first that it would delete important information but it didn't only the junk. When it was done it had cleaned 2.4... GB of cached data. I would check it out its pretty awesome

----------

I've seent his happen as well with other apps but it's nothing to worry about.

It seems when you run low on space, iOS automatically deletes things from the cache.

It might also clean it when you restart your device.

I tried, I filled it up until it got to 0mb of free space and still wouldn't do anything no matter what.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.