Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rosina Christen

macrumors member
Original poster
May 10, 2013
Hey I am in dire need of help, I'm not sure if I'm on the right section to talk about laptops, but here I go. We have two laptops a emachine and a hulet Packard ect. We have Internet and we had the laptops side by side and the laptops showed different amount of Internet bars one had one and the Packard had 4-5. Anybody have information like if the difference in computers. Because my emachine was always better than the Packard. Which makes no sense if the other computer has better wifi.

Any help would be good.:) thank you

aPple nErd

macrumors 68030
Feb 12, 2012
Jailbreaks/IOS Hacks
Hey I am in dire need of help, I'm not sure if I'm on the right section to talk about laptops, but here I go. We have two laptops a emachine and a hulet Packard ect. We have Internet and we had the laptops side by side and the laptops showed different amount of Internet bars one had one and the Packard had 4-5. Anybody have information like if the difference in computers. Because my emachine was always better than the Packard. Which makes no sense if the other computer has better wifi.

Any help would be good.:) thank you

It depends on what wifi chip was in them. Also the Hewlett Packard may have a diferent wifi bar UI.

mattopotamus

macrumors G5
Jun 12, 2012
to check the wifi chip just right click on my computer and then device manager. From there you can go to network adapters to see what wifi chip it is using. I don't really know how to tell if it is good or not other than using google.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.