Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
i went to plug in my ipod to sync and when i plugged it in i got this message.... what do i do? I liked have the auto update thing update my ipod.... ;)
the icon appears on the desktop and when i disconnect it, my whole library is gone... all 17 gigs :eek: does this mean i'm forced to buy a 60 gig white 5G ipod ;)

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    23.4 KB · Views: 126

slooksterPSV

macrumors 68040
Apr 17, 2004
Nowheresville
I don't think so. I think you have errors on the drive. Can you repair the iPod with Disk Utility or is that not recommended? Not sure, but FAT32 is unstable. I'd do what it says, you lose 17GB of Music, but I hope you have that backed up. If not, sorry to say but you're screwed.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
your iPod just had a software fart.

do what the iTunes says.

or get a new one, we all need an excuse to get one, right? :p

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
You might even be able to simply do a reset to get your music back. Hold down the middle button and the top of the click wheel for a while. Every now and then I'd lose my library and this sometimes got it back. :)

puckhead193

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 25, 2004
NY
well i did the updater thingy and it open itunes, but it didn't show up under sources and when i go to the preferences it says no ipod is attached when it is, It shows up on the desktop, but i can't transfer music.....
The ipod displays the do not connect screen....

edit never mind - i unpluged it and pluged it in now its tranfering my music, just imagine loosing all your music when your a trip to japan something :eek:

does anyone know why this happened...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.