Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old May 17, 2013, 01:16 AM   #1
tanventure
macrumors newbie

OS X Recovery Disk Assistant v1.0 and USB flash ?

Hi,

I am trying to ran Recovery Disk Assistant (RDA) on my iMac to make a USB flash driver bootable, the USB flash has been used for other purposes. Got error message, just saying failed in making a recovery disk

Do I need to first delete all files, then make it a Mac format before running RDA?

Thanks for your kind help
tanventure is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2013, 10:37 AM   #2
Weaselboy
macrumors G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanventure View Post
Hi,

I am trying to ran Recovery Disk Assistant (RDA) on my iMac to make a USB flash driver bootable, the USB flash has been used for other purposes. Got error message, just saying failed in making a recovery disk

Do I need to first delete all files, then make it a Mac format before running RDA?

Thanks for your kind help
Try opening Disk Utility and click the drive itself (not a volume below the drive) and format to Mac OS Extended. This will of course erase any data on the USB key.
Weaselboy is online now   1 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Tags
recovdiskassis; usb